Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eyes open continued

Mark88

Hello everyone, 

My name is Mark and I am a new member to the forum. I hope this is the right place to post this..

In regards to shooting with both eyes open, I have read as much as I can find on the topic. I didn’t however find anything regarding both eyes open at different ranges? Are you all shooting both eyes open at 25 yards as you would 7 yards.. etc? Thank you all for the advice. 

Mark

On 6/21/2020 at 4:27 PM, Mark88 said:

In regards to shooting with both eyes open, I have read as much as I can find on the topic. I didn’t however find anything regarding both eyes open at different ranges? Are you all shooting both eyes open at 25 yards as you would 7 yards.. etc? Thank you all for the advice. 

Mark

Distance has nothing to do with it.  Unless its magnified.  Both eyes open!

Some people close an eye when the shots get difficult or long.  IIRC Eric Grauffel said it didn't really hurt any.

The only time you really need to is if some joker of a MD puts a steel picket-fence or something downrange.   Recipe for disaster shooting that both eyes open.

• 1 year later...