Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Complete Newbie, GA Coast

DLester

Greetings folks!  Great to be here!  Looking forward to learning from everyone, and there seems to be plenty of good information to be found.  Having never even seen a competition, any advice is welcome.  Be helpful, be friendly, be early I’m ready to do, but the gear and technique are easy to get lost in.  I guess I didn’t really need to get three new guns just for competition...  But my AR was 300blk!  And who wants to dump a classic Wingmaster in a trash can??  It’s not even worth talking about slinging 45 down range so I had to get a 5” 9mm...  Now where to find the money for the little things like holsters, slings and ammo?  Has anyone’s marriage survived this?

I did read up before buying anything!  Did not read enough though.  I was really interested in 3 gun, so pretty much loaded up for limited or tac ops?  I think those are the ones.  Now that I’ve looked into the matches actually happening near me, it looks like I’ll be doing mostly pistol stuff close by, at least until winter when everyone is willing to spend more time outside setting up courses.  I think I’ll be able to shoot production with the m&p I picked up, but might have to download to 10 rounds?  Or just shoot the 45 since I can’t find any ammo for the 9mm anyway. Nope.  Didn’t read enough!

• 4 weeks later...

Ammoseek.com crawls the web aggregating ammo availability across the internet. It stays very current - some places show 9mm available and within 15 min it’s gone and the listing disappears from ammoseek.  So you probably want to check it several times a day. Hope that helps on the ammo issue!