Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor Freelance Goliath +20 vs 41+1 extensions?

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much of a difference there is between the Goliath +20 extensions and the Taylor Freelance aluminum 41+1 extensions?  I know the Goliath holds about 10 extra rounds, but is that it?  Some online videos explain how the Goliath attaches to the magazine and that sure seems a lot sturdier than the 41+1 extension I currently have.  I'd appreciate any feedback from those that are familiar with both.

Also, can anyone tell me how long the Goliath +20 and the newer +30 is?

Thanks,

Cuz

I don't have a +30, but my +20 on a glock 31 mag is 12" oal. The only reason I have one is I got a deal on a used one. Unless you're shooting PCC only competitions where they have long stages They really aren't necessary, IMO. The 41s hold just fine unless you plan on driving nails or something. haha

I recommend a couple of the ETS 40 round mags. I have two and they work perfectly. Much cheaper.

I hear ya, I'm sure the 41+1 would be plenty, but I was wondering if the extra $10 for a Goliath was worth it for the durability rather than for the extra rounds.  I have the 41 mounted on a 17 round mag currently, so I'm familiar with how it attaches, and I'm sure it would be strong enough.  I'm just curious what you get for the extra $10.

Thanks for the measurement, it appears that the Goliath +20 is about 2 inches longer than the 41+1 size.

The ETS 40 mags work perfectly, and they are easily reloadable with 40 rounds in them.  They are all one piece, don't require conditioning, and are durable.  When fully loaded they are light and cause no problems feeding during recoil.  That is not the case with some of the heavier extensions.  Also, you can buy several for the price of one Aluminum extension.

If you live in a State that restricts the number of rounds a mag can hold, why do you need an extension?

I can add an extension to a pre-ban hi-cap magazine. I can not buy a new 40 round post ban magazine.

I know it’s not the best solution, but it lets me play the game, and not get into trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 6/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, Cuz said:

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much of a difference there is between the Goliath +20 extensions and the Taylor Freelance aluminum 41+1 extensions?  I know the Goliath holds about 10 extra rounds, but is that it?  Some online videos explain how the Goliath attaches to the magazine and that sure seems a lot sturdier than the 41+1 extension I currently have.  I'd appreciate any feedback from those that are familiar with both.

Also, can anyone tell me how long the Goliath +20 and the newer +30 is?

Thanks,

Cuz

I have and love them both the goliath +20 and the 41.  The way the goliath mounts is much stronger than the 41, it seats more of the mag body in it.  It is the strongest I've seen.  Should be close to unbreakable.  The 41 mounts very much like the stock baseplate so it isn't as strong but feels stout enough to survive because it isn't as long. Goliath is MUCH cooler looking too.