Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grain experiment Sport Pistol & blue bullets 125gr TC

chgofirefighter

For those that use Sport Pistol and blue bullets 125gr TC bullets, 3.8 gives me 129/130PF  3.9gr gives me 133, anyone has done 3.7 or 3.6 and experiment with PF and other variables?  I'm looking to experiment a bit more but I would to hear some feedback... Care to chime in?  

BTW, using a CZ S2 Platform

Thanks! 

Watching this thread.

Finally decided to jump into reloading since my old model of "buy it cheap and stack it deep" doesn't really work anymore considering the times (although small pistol primers are the new toilet paper 😝)...

I have a bunch of Sport Pistol and the Blue .356 125gr TC's coming... Hoping to dial a load close to 1040fps to hit right at 130pf out of a CZ S2 and 9mm 1911, thinking 3.6g to 3.8gr @ 1.110 might get me there...

On 6/21/2020 at 12:35 PM, CZ85Combat said:

With my SP01 Shadow. Sport Pistol and blue bullets 125gr TC bullets: 3.5gr @ 1.110,  971 fps.  3.6gr @ 1.110,  1002 fps & 3.8gr @ 1.110,  1043 fps.  4.0gr @ 1.110,  1067 fps

Are you using the "normal" .355 Blue's or the "special order" .356's..?

1 hour ago, ck1 said:

Watching this thread.

Finally decided to jump into reloading since my old model of "buy it cheap and stack it deep" doesn't really work anymore considering the times (although small pistol primers are the new toilet paper 😝)...

FYI Natchez has some CCIs in stock right now for a good price.

6 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Thanks, but somehow was lucky enough to snag 10k Federal match SPP’s last night from Midsouth Shooters Supply! So, should be ok for a while (Of course they’re already gone when I checked today to maybe buy more...)

On 6/30/2020 at 2:00 PM, ck1 said:

Watching this thread.

I have a bunch of Sport Pistol and the Blue .356 125gr TC's coming... Hoping to dial a load close to 1040fps to hit right at 130pf out of a CZ S2 and 9mm 1911, thinking 3.6g to 3.8gr @ 1.110 might get me there...

Are you using the "normal" .355 Blue's or the "special order" .356's..?

I use .356"

2 hours ago, CZ85Combat said:

I use .356"

Cool 👍  That's what I have coming (read that for most companies .356 is standard and it's supposed to be a bit better for most).

Though, my load is going to end up a little different now because I changed my order to .356 135gr TC's... I got a chance to shoot some 135's and really liked them, and it won't be as big of a change for me since I've been mostly running 147/150's for a while now...

On 6/30/2020 at 2:50 PM, Intheshaw1 said:

Nobody has any now. Ammoseek shows only Reloading Unlimited with any stock, and they limit you to 1000 primers. With hazmat & shipping, that comes out to 8.3 cents ea. Just a BIT much. It looks like they're using primers to extort buyers into paying for their overpriced powder. I would do it for 5000 primers, but not 1000.

I'm just getting back into reloading. I am in the process of working up some loads. My plan was, when I found a recipe or two I liked, I would stock up on components. Oh, well.