Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

But I ain't there now

j1b

Wow did I suck today. 

I wish I'd handled my shooting life differently. Wish I'd stuck with it. Because today was a tragedy. 

I was once there. Hell... I WAS there. But i let that go and today I know .... I'll never be there again. 

Well, at least at one time I was there.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:44 PM, j1b said:

Wow did I suck today. 

I wish I'd handled my shooting life differently. Wish I'd stuck with it. Because today was a tragedy. 

I was once there. Hell... I WAS there. But i let that go and today I know .... I'll never be there again. 

Well, at least at one time I was there.

Oh well, better to be a has been than a never was...🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 4:54 AM, Guy Neill said:

Did you enjoy the shooting?

A couple of stages were ok. But it was pretty hard to just die on the last two stages. Probably shot the worst performance of maybe my entire life. So that was frustrating

On 6/21/2020 at 1:48 PM, Badkarma said:

You’re still shooting...we shot our first match since March yesterday.

Yeah this was my first match of the year ... COVID has been a nightmare. Probably only get 3 matches in before our Area match, which was NOT the plan.

On 6/24/2020 at 7:10 PM, Toolguy said:

Oh well, better to be a has been than a never was...🙂

Haha ... I understand the perspective but respectfully disagree. Had I handled my shooting life better I don't think I'd be "all that and a bag of potato chips" but I think I would have at least been quasi competitive.

• 1 year later...

I feel you.

‘in the 80s, 90s, early 2000 I could go to a little local match, and kind of shoot bottom of the top quarter or so.

I have a couple of classifier data and was in the 60s for percents.

Around 2010 I got back in it, after a rebuild of the dominant hand hand wrist.  Some classifiers from then were around 47 to 55%.  But it was still fun.

I just started going back after a around a 8 year break and now need reading glasses which I have not quite sorted out.  I am shooting 25-35% on classifiers and pretty much last at the matches.