Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington R1 Limited double stack mags?

Ok, 

I've got a Remington R1 Limited double stack in 9mm.  It's has that big honking mag well that some of them came with.

I'm wanting some more mags for it.  Does anyone know of the Remington RP9 mags will fit and work in this pistol?

Also does anyone know of some base plates that will fit the mags and work in the mag well?

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The RP9 mag worked.  I just shaved down the base pad a bit.

I also picked up two MecGar P18 mags and they won't even lock in the gun.

I had to remove the factory base plate because of my magwell, but the empty tube would not lock in the gun.

1 hour ago, ExStreetWalker said:

The MecGar mags, even with DP base plates don't work in my Remington.  They lock in place, but don't lock the slide back.

That sounds like an issue with the follower, not the magazine (more specifically, the magazine body). 

Have you tried swapping the MecGar's guts out for something else?

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, NateTheSkate said:

That sounds like an issue with the follower, not the magazine (more specifically, the magazine body). 

Have you tried swapping the MecGar's guts out for something else?

I did try swapping the guts.  The mag body is shorter.

• 3 months later...

IMO anyone shooting the remington or RIA hicap guns needs to get the gun setup to use STI style 2011 mags. Many of the RIA guns will take them with out any modifications at all. And if not I know Prasky Gunworks in MI can set them up to run 100% with STI mags. I ran a limited gun for 2 seasons Sean Prasky built me using a RIA frame and STI 2011 mags. 

I have a Para Pro Custom in 9mm. When the shortage of mags came about I got a different mag release from canyon creek and have been using STI mags with no problem at all. I'm not sure he is still making them. I heard he was, but I couldn't swear to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 11:44 AM, troupe said:

Rich is no longer doing work the last time I talked to him.

You are correct. The best remedy we, Prasky Gunworks, have found is what I stated above. We have built a BUNCH of RIA and a few Remington guns and set them up that way with great success. I personally ran a limited gun RIA 40 cal, long full dust cover frame, with STI mags for about 30k rounds and can count on one hand the times I had a jam on a stage due to a mag issue.