Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member from MA.

Leezway

Hi my Name is Lee I reside in New England. 
I am a recreational shooter, never shot any true competitions, we just like to challenge ourselves for fun. My Club/Range are now beginning some in-house steel challenge events this coming July. I am also a newbie to reloading, started early this year just before the SHTF. I never really knew about this forum until recently, been stalking it for I while and figured it would be nice to join. 

New Bedford Rod & Gun. As I stated it is more of an in-club type challenge that was to start earlier this year but then the SHTF and everything was put on hold.. the Board Last month voted to allow it to proceed but with a limited number of participants due to COVID 19.. The chairmen of the “Action Shooting” committee is actively working to establish a “Steel Shooting” Event every month in an attempt to get members and the public back to the club to shoot. Judging by the amount of targets the club has stored it is apparent that our club was at one time a popular place for steel competitions and he would like to see it back again someday. So I have had the pleasure of helping him along with a couple other members to try and get this off the ground. We are targeting for a Mid July start and to see what kind of turnout we get. I hope that we can expand it once this world gets back to Some kind of “Normal”..

On 6/23/2020 at 2:09 PM, MinutemanNorm said:

Welcome to the boards!

I feel your pain behind enemy lines.

Which club is starting up Steel Challenge in July?

Thank you! New Bedford Rod and Gun.

Not too many years ago New Bedford was a great place for USPSA matches in our area.  It was right up there with Harvard and Hopkinton matches, but was half the distance for me, anyway.  Their monthly matches drew in over 100 shooters and they put up some very good stages.

They were poised to just keep getting bigger and better, and then something political happened.  I don't really know what happened, but all of a sudden the USPSA and IDPA matches all stopped.  It sure would be nice to see them start up again.  Their pistol pits are great to setup stages, and they had plenty of props, etc.

Good luck to you, I hope they are able to once again host some matches.

5 hours ago, Cuz said:

Not too many years ago New Bedford was a great place for USPSA matches in our area.  It was right up there with Harvard and Hopkinton matches, but was half the distance for me, anyway.  Their monthly matches drew in over 100 shooters and they put up some very good stages.

They were poised to just keep getting bigger and better, and then something political happened.  I don't really know what happened, but all of a sudden the USPSA and IDPA matches all stopped.  It sure would be nice to see them start up again.  Their pistol pits are great to setup stages, and they had plenty of props, etc.

Good luck to you, I hope they are able to once again host some matches.

Even though I'm from North Central MA, I'd love to attend a USPSA match down at New Bedford, the more clubs the better!