Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major processed brass

Eman

I have recently seen the light when it comes to buying brass Instead of crawling around the range until my knees bleed to get casings. I bought my first 7k of casings and am nearing the end of them. About 200-300 of them were stepped cases, or weird head stamps with crimped primers and such. 

Where are you guys getting good 9mm Major brass that is cleaned and has few blemished/unusable pieces in it? 

I now buy all my brass from Kenneth Marx <kennethallanmarx@yahoo.com>

It is fully processed once fired and flies through the press with no effort at all.  He offers all the same HS brass, or mixed HS lots of all the undesirable HSs.  Pricing is $150/3000 or $300/6000 same HS.  I just received my fourth lot.  Not one reject or non-matching HS.  If you want a specific HS you may have to wait a couple of days before it ships.

31 minutes ago, zzt said:

I now buy all my brass from Kenneth Marx <kennethallanmarx@yahoo.com>

+1 on his brass. The beauty is all one headstamp of your choice which yields amazingly consistent OAL. Yes, it's a cost over picking up range brass. But worth the cost of not having to sort headstamp and step issues. Also, think of the cost of going to an out of town competition and having a head case separation. That will absolutely ruin your day. I'm talking from experience here.

I buy brass for my local range, 20 bucks for ten pounds.  It's already tumbled.  I then sort by head stamp.  I only load, Winchester, R/P, Blazer and federal bras for my open gun. All other brass is used for minor loads.

Edited by Glock17open

On 6/22/2020 at 5:38 PM, echotango said:

But it does not catch the thin stepped ones.  He is working a one that will. 

his rev 3 does, its already out. ONLY to be used during 9mm processing.