Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock custom slide and barrel issues

ML123

I am having issues with a G22 with a 9mm conversion barrel and a custom machined slide I bought the gun from company that was advertising them on Gunbroker.  The slide cuts on the top are tearing or catching on the barrel edges and causing me all sorts of issues.  I noticed it after a match in May were I literally could hit any thing with the damn gun and it was really the first time I used the gun other than a few times at the range.

I contacted the company I bought the gun from and they admitted it was a design issue with the way the slide was cut and the two cross cuts were not clearing the edge of the barrel.   I did shoot the gun with the factory .40 cal barrel and saw the same marks starting on the factory glock barrel edges after just one 15rd mag and figured that was the issue? 

The company offered to send me a new barrel which they did along with a new Rockslide but without a RMR cut.  I got the gun together and shot 100rds through it and it now and it seems to be shooting normal again.  My issue is I would like to use the original slide which is a machined Glock slide that is also cut for an RMR.  Plus I am not a big fan of the Rockslide, while it works it just doesnt have the same quality finish or feel to it a factory Glock slide has, and it not cut for a RMR.  I am thinking about just milling out the two cross sections and leaving the center as one piece.  Does anyone see a reason this can't be done and this slide work just fine? 

Do you have an option to send the slide back and have them fix the machining?  It seems like that would be the ideal option and then just replace the barrel.  

The second option I would look into is having a local person go over the slide and fix whatever clearance issues there are.  

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will chime in.  

The company sent me a new barrel and a Rockslide to replace this one and they are pretty much done with it from what I can tell.  I tried to contact them about it but they are no longer responding to my emails.

I am thinking I can mill out the part that is contacting the barrel and it will be fine.  I am just worried to much material will be removed compromising the slide integrity.  I have a local machinist I may take the whole mess to and see what he can do.