Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10lb recoil spring in legion

jpm2953

I thought the factory spring was more than 12.
I'm running a 14 in my x5 and a 12.5 in my legion.

Poundage measured by what package says not spring checker which I need to get

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, m700 said:

I thought the factory spring was more than 12.
I'm running a 14 in my x5 and a 12.5 in my legion.

Poundage measured by what package says not spring checker which I need to get

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Legions come with a 12 and a 14. Currently running a 12

I'm running the factory 12. 

I've considered playing with lighter springs, but it seems like not many have and some that did had issues. I also worry about going to a standard 1911 spring which is shorter. Going to a much shorter and lighter spring seems like it could cause issues.

The main issue I would expect is can it fully chamber the first round when you load 23+1 in a gun that's dirty 100% of the time, because that is what match conditions will be.

I am running a 11# Wolff 1911 Spring in my X5 Legion running 147 gr with a PF of 130.  Gun runs flawless.  I have tried the 10# Wolff 1911 Spring but did not see or feel much difference in recoil.  The only issue I had playing with recoil spring weight is due to bad ammo.  Since I went away from that ammo the gun has had zero non user induced failures.

Hello: I am running the 12.5lb ISMI 1911 recoil spring. I tried the 8, 9, 10 and like the 12.5lb the best. It just feels better with my 124's at 131PF loads. I also used a timer to make sure it was not the Eric effect kicking in. This is on a regular X5 with a legion grip and stainless guide rod. Thanks, Eric

32 minutes ago, rishii said:

For the guys using 1911 spring, are you using the stock guide rod or the gray guns fat one

I have ran the stock X5 Legion guide rod and I am currently running the Spring Precision Tiungsten guide rod. I believe the Grey Guns Fat one would work fine as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 9:39 AM, Boomstick303 said:

I am running a 11# Wolff 1911 Spring in my X5 Legion running 147 gr with a PF of 130.  Gun runs flawless.  I have tried the 10# Wolff 1911 Spring but did not see or feel much difference in recoil.  The only issue I had playing with recoil spring weight is due to bad ammo.  Since I went away from that ammo the gun has had zero non user induced failures.

same, both 11 and 10 pound springs worked fine

I was running the DPM progressive system and ended up battering my go gun *thumb rest [generic]*. Now I shoot either a stock 12 pound or 14 pound spring with 147 grain reloads with springer tungsten guide rod. 

*Disregard! Someone posted this exact question a few posts down from this one! Thanks guys!

Hey quys, quick question regarding factory vs. aftermarket springs.  

From a physics standpoint, seeing that the sig springs are cut longer, wouldn’t that mean that when compressed it’ll have more tension than that gov. size springs?  I always wanted to ask that but was afraid of sounding like an idiot.  I got over it because i gotta find out.

KG

thanks in advance!

Edited by KindredGhost