Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Transport your belt

Desk-Jockey

How do you transport your belt rig to and from the range.  

Had mine coiled and hanging on the side of a backpack and my holster got knocked loose.    I run a blade tech black ice on a drop, crspeed and DAA mag pouches on a safe land belt for production.  It was an easy fix but I didn’t notice it until I wobbled my draw on a stage.   First time it happened, but It has me thinking of finding a better way to travel with my holster to make sure things stay in place.     

I also throw my belt in the truck. Mostly shoot three gun ( it gets beat around quite a lot)

Holster is on a ELS clip otherwise like OPs. it has stayed in place for over five years.

Suggest you look into why it really came loose. maybe put a little locktite on the screws ?

Or was it something else?

Edited by AHI

I either place or throw the rig on top of the other s#!t for 20+ years. 😉

Threads that connect Kydex to stuff get blue Loctite. Metal to metal simply get torque.  I suggest you try the Loctite and check the shocks on your truck 🙂

If you’re running the worthless bladetech drop, that’s your problem. The good hangers like a BOSS won’t come loose from really rough treatment. My rig gets tossed around pretty roughly and has always been just fine.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Hopefully it is okay to jack this thread a little but for those of you running ELS or QLS with your holster.  Does it have the same pattern as Bladetech holsters?  

I just had a holster made to fit my DOH from Bladetech but would love to attach a QLS instead of my Stringray Loop.

32 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

Hopefully it is okay to jack this thread a little but for those of you running ELS or QLS with your holster.  Does it have the same pattern as Bladetech holsters?  

I just had a holster made to fit my DOH from Bladetech but would love to attach a QLS instead of my Stringray Loop.

Two holes line up on the bladetech. Three if you're using comptac holsters. Two have been strong enough for my setup but I'm using a G26 so there's not much bulk.

21 minutes ago, CClassForLife said:

Two holes line up on the bladetech. Three if you're using comptac holsters. Two have been strong enough for my setup but I'm using a G26 so there's not much bulk.

Do the 2 holes line up on the QLS or ELS?  Or are they both the same?  Might be a dumb question on my part.