Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5 optic plates

I overheard a guy talking about aftermarket optic plates for gen 5 MOs that’s suppose to help hold zero? Anybody have any info on this? I’m also having issues with my plate coming loose after applying blue loctite any help is appreciated

the tighter fit in the slide definitely helps with loosening issues. all the expensive firearms are machine to make it as tight as possible, so that's not just for looks.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:08 PM, Rpope423 said:

I overheard a guy talking about aftermarket optic plates for gen 5 MOs that’s suppose to help hold zero? Anybody have any info on this? I’m also having issues with my plate coming loose after applying blue loctite any help is appreciated

watch this video the information you seek is at 10:11 min   use lock tight (green )under the plate. also I would use red lock tight on the adapter plate screws.

Edited by AHI
  • 1 month later...

I’m a huge fan of the chpws optics plates.  Definitely help the optic sit lower.  Also Buck is a great guy and has top notch customer service