Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading mags

BARRYJ

When it holds open you have 0 that's the only real trick I know of. I'm in a 10 Rd state so I have all mags loaded to that going in. And top them off between rounds.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I shoot Limited now.  I keep shoving them in until it is full.  If I shoot Production, fire 6 or 7 rounds, is there a way to know how many is in there, or do I have to empty the mag and start over?

Number your mags and shoot them in order. From your stage plan you know how many rounds you fire between reloads. Example: If you used mag1 first and fired 8 rounds you know to load 8, if you Barney loaded it would be 7. Do this for each mag used. I mean , what could possibly go wrong? 

Someone once told me that’s what they did. I didn’t follow their guidance. Unload the mag and reload. As mentioned I put match ammo in 100 round boxes. Makes it easy to know how many rounds you have loaded when you get interrupted and lose count. 

45 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Always start with empty mags and refill for  production. Or a state requirement.

yeah that's the safe way to not shoot in Open.  and as noted above, load up from the 50-round plastic holders so it's easy to see that 10 rounds have been loaded.  i'll put an 11-rounder in my back pocket (and not a mag pouch) for the next stage, of course if a loaded start).