Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 Optics Ready with Romeo 3 Max?

hitman_usmc

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, tedahlenius85 said:

There is also the option of working the front of the optic instead of the gun.

Any pics of the optic and material you took off for that to fit? Looks good considered doing the same or just getting a slide cut for it. 

1 hour ago, tedahlenius85 said:

There is also the option of working the front of the optic instead of the gun.

FB_IMG_1640036999568.jpg

Any report of how they treat the optic when it's ultimately sent in for warranty replacement(that seems to be how Sig deals with optic issues from my experience)? 

Edited by AZ123456
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 6:45 PM, AZ123456 said:

Any report of how they treat the optic when it's ultimately sent in for warranty replacement(that seems to be how Sig deals with optic issues from my experience)? 

I would much rather modify the optic than the cut in the slide.

14 minutes ago, pcar157 said:

I would much rather modify the optic than the cut in the slide.

I would tend to agree but if you grind off material from the optic body and Sig decides not to warranty because of this you're basically out $500. Given the fact that I've personally sent optics from Sig, Trijicon, Holosun and Leopold in for warranty repair/replacement I know it's just a matter of time before it breaks.  At $500 a pop for a non warranty situation one would be far better off using a different optic or starting with a standard slide and having it milled for a Romeo 3 max.  I've got an OR shadow 2 that I was able to get a great deal on used so I run an SRO on it.  My backup is a standard Shadow 2 milled for the Romeo 3 Max as I already had the optic from a previous pistol. This doesn't help current owners of the OR version but if someone is reading this thread considering what gun to buy it's definitely something to consider. 

On 1/17/2022 at 1:00 PM, Ludde said:

This is a adapter plate version I designed for a friends OR with the same type of optic. This keeps it a bit lower and further back.

Hello Members'

I just received this adaptor plate from Ludde. It is excellent. The fit and finish are first rate. Very professional. 
 I did have the FTP Shooting Sports plate on my CZ and it is first rate also. But I wanted to try this  Ludde's plate which is lower and further back from the ejection port. Mr. Ludde stated this is a hobby for him and he has a few plates remaining. The cost plus shipping is reasonable. 

It is coming from Finland. Took about 3 weeks. I am not in business with Mr. Ludde. I highly recommend this plate if you're in the market 

for something different. You will not be disappointed. 

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/280892-ftp-alpha3-optic-experiences/?do=findComment&comment=3299989

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those that modified their Romeo 3max/xl to fit the czc optic plate cut. In my case, they replaced (warranty) my 3xl due to broken glass. 
With regards to Leupold, my modified DPP (filed to fit a Shield RMS cut) has been sent in for warranty/repair for electronics problem. DPP was repaired but not replaced. 

No idea yet for my modified FTP Alpha3, still waiting for it to breakdown.

thank you, 

Mark Santos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

We now have a plate that raises the optic above the slide so you can install an FTP Optics Alpha 3 or Romeo 3 max on the Shadow 2 Optics Ready

Check it out here:  https://fasttoys.net/shop/CZ-Shadow-2-Optics-Ready-Mount-For-FTP-Alpha-3-and-Romeo-3-Max-Red-Dot-Optics/

shadow_mount_med.jpg

shadow_optics_ready_mount_small.jpg

shadow_optics_ready_mount_small2.jpg

Are you still planning making some more ? 

• 2 weeks later...