Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite Limited and Limited Custom

gnappi

Prices on these are looking very good, but what's the difference, if any?

I called a dealer about a Limited Elite (he said he had a limited custom same thing) and he said it just arrived and the serial number was below 00125, did they make so few that they're not going to make them any more?

• 2 weeks later...

The SNs just rolled over, the MT prefix is gone and looks like they started at EAA00000.

I just got one in the 1100 range, marked 2019.  They are also triple serial numbered now like all other European handguns I've seen

Edited by FALAR

I wound up buying the Limited Custom. It's  a .40 and quite a remarkable piece. I own and have owned a number of .40's Including a Limited Pro and this one is tops.

My only complaint is EAA. They bring these models in with one mag, and do not have the replacement mags setup for the magwell, nor bases in stock to upgrade mags. I had hoped with the new website face lift they would turn around but they decided to take an even weirder turn in their legendary "Customer Support" 

This is a truly strange tactic because the quantities on hand and what shows as available on the web are not even close to reality. So you HAVE to call to verify stock, hang up and go back to empty / append your cart to match the verbal stock confirmation.

eaa_phone_fee.jpg

I've only ordered direct from the a few times and only when it showed in stock.

I try to get as much as I can from PD or Ben Stoeger even though they are in TX and I have to pay sales tax.

The Limited Custom basepad situation is absurd, they charge a lot for the parts too.  I just took both of mine off and run standard grips and mags.  

Some day I might sell the mags they came with since they are often so hard to find.

EAA must be doing well unfortunately if Tangoglio is happy with this business arrangement.  I wonder how big IFG will get.

On 6/24/2020 at 12:48 PM, FALAR said:

I've only ordered direct from the a few times and only when it showed in stock.

I try to get as much as I can from PD or Ben Stoeger even though they are in TX and I have to pay sales tax.

The Limited Custom basepad situation is absurd, they charge a lot for the parts too.  I just took both of mine off and run standard grips and mags.  

Some day I might sell the mags they came with since they are often so hard to find.

EAA must be doing well unfortunately if Tangoglio is happy with this business arrangement.  I wonder how big IFG will get.

If my understanding of the IFG business model is correct that they can only import what EAA does not, I surmise that since EAA has a pretty wide selection of models that most makers couldn't hope to have, IFG may have a tough nut to crack with only the small frames and whatever bones in the product lines are left 🙂

I hope they do well, competition is a good thing. 

Anyway, Tx and Fla must have some reciprocal tax sharing agreement as I'm more often than not having to pay sales tax on purchases in Tx. 😞

As far as the sales tax goes there was a supreme court ruling recently that said states can charge sales tax on vendors in other states.

Now, there is a certain sales dollar amount threshold that makes it possible but many are just charging it no matter what either just because they can, or they are genuinely scared.  I still shop things around and make sure before I pull the trigger on any large buy they aren't one of the ones charging but I have moved too quickly twice now and inadvertently paid sales tax when I didn't have to.

Anyway, yeah that is how I understand IFG's deal to work as well.  That's why they've got the LimPro and a few models that are new or EAA has never imported them at least and they are committed to bringing in ALL versions/calibers, unlike EAA that is large-frame only.

I wonder if they could go so far as to import small-frame models that EAA only brings in as large-frames, but I'd guess not since they haven't yet.