Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Jester560

Shell caddies

Posted (edited)

First post!

What are some good shell caddies? I have look at them from $15 to $100 each. I want good quality but not looking to spend a fortune starting out.

Taccom3g is out of everything and I am on notifications for several items.

Edited by Jester560
Add a hello

Posted (edited)

Everyone is going to have their favorite. First you have to decide if you are going to load deuces (two at a time)

or quads (four at a time). It would be best to try some before you buy. My current favorite is Invictus      https://www.invictuspractical.com/

Edited by AHI

I like Invictus. Is there better? Maybe. There's definitely worse. As long as they hold onto shells and you practice with them it doesn't really matter what brand you get.

1d8c7656-0d3a-4152-8ca1-eebf8720d515-jpeg.63923.jpg.80a55fbbc82c03bd82b3c878e246edd5.jpg

I dont have enough posts to put this in the classifieds but invictus 8 round x 2 with ELS, just dusty, never used $120 for both

Carbon Arms SSXL were my favorite when I was shooting 3 gun. I tried all the others and they were the only ones that I could reliably quad load with, I’ve got big hands and the extra height and room made it easier for me to grab the shells. You’ll go through several brands and types before you find what you really like. I’d see if any of the local shooters have different brands for you try before you commit to buying.

I used both Taccom and Invictus quad load caddies to good effect. My favorite style of the taccoms is now represented by the 8S4Q, I didn't like the others much. Haven't tried the Geminis but if work like the King's Competition caddies they're probably good.

Having used the cheaper taccoms, safariland, double alpha, and Invictus ones it is tough to go wrong. I am currently partial to the safariland model 086s. The one downfall is that they have to be adjusted to the shell length while the other caddies will accept any shells any day of the week.