Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry/ competition gun

I was wondering how many people use their everyday carry gun, for competition? I have went to using the same gun that I do carry everyday so I left the trigger at 4.5 pounds cuz it's a generation 5 Glock 19 and it has a pretty nice trigger.

20200528_170623-1.jpg

12 minutes ago, CClassForLife said:

I use a G26.5 as my main competition gun for both CO and Prod. However, I don't carry. All internals are stock.

Your main match guns to glock 26  carry Optics? Your optic must be as big as the pistol, must look pretty cool with 140 mm mag inserted.

2 hours ago, CClassForLife said:

g26.thumb.jpg.074af8c6fefb93feef2afb4ac5cc527a.jpg

Currently running G19X +2 mags as I can't legally buy any extensions in my state.

That looks so cool! With a  33 round Glock magazine stuck in , it would look like a mini, mini uzi.  something out of Hollywood. 😎 for competition I use it with Glock 17 mags with TTI plus 6 extensions. For IDPA I just use the factory glock 19, 15 round mag that are in the picture.

Edited by usmc1974

When we get practical pistol matches back I want to try my Keltec P11 in a match, 12+1.  I have several handguns, one is Beretta 92 that I've swapped springs and a trigger on, I use it for the annual Navy 3 Gun and want to shoot local action pistol with it.  It still makes weight for Service Pistol, also as a loaner.  I've carried it once or twice, but i typically don't carry full size pistols.  Recently picked up a G19 and have 15 and 17 round mags for it to use in action pistol.  Probably the largest pistol I'll carry again unless I put on the G21 or 30.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:28 AM, Pippu_Paladin said:

I doubt an LCRx would would be a wise choice in most competitions, unless you had Jerry Mxyzptlk-level shooting skills.

My second gun is the Ruger LCR 357 Magnum with one speed load. Awesome little gun.

1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

My second gun is the Ruger LCR 357 Magnum with one speed load. Awesome little gun.

Mine is the .327 Federal version, for that extra round. I really love the feel of it [I forget I even have it on me at times] and the trigger is so good it's actually one of my favorite guns to shoot.

I routinely use my commander for both idpa and carry, though I recently acquired a CCO that will probably see more carry time. I will shoot it some in competition. I really tend to view IDPA as practice (I always get penalties for changing mags at the wrong time...), so I'll probably run the CCO sometimes just to keep familiarity up, though one well tuned commander tends to shoot awfully similar to another.