Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon RT1500 vs. M7 Bosch Trimmer, what‘s the difference in terms of quality?

I have a well running M7 EVO Pro and process batches of 10k 223.

When it comes to trimming, life sucks a bit, I use the Dillon RT1500, I pre size the brass to 80-85% and than do the final sizing and trimming with the RT

I use sorted brass only and always use the same lube.

I learned quickly on my old 1050, that is isn‘t a good idea to mix different brass brands, since the length  variation is massive.

With sorted brass  and the RT1500 i got 0.2mm or 0.078inch of variation. According to Dillon about half of it comes from the bearing play in the RT trimmer.

Now i was wondering, what variation you get with the Bosch trimmer from M7. My goal would be 0.1mm or 0.04 inch.

This is still to much for a tapper crimp so I have to stick with the Lee FC crimp die, that need‘s to be replaced after every 10k rounds, but for me and my „as good as possible“ approach I would like to push it to the minimum.

I have spent countless hours on the 1050 and later on the M7 with all kind of settings with all kind of dies and i can truly say, as it is right now, it want get any better with the RT trimmer.

M7 is coming out with a new trimmer. 

I am surprised they said that about the Dillon. 

folks using a 1050 do tricks like balancing the force on shellplate to improve the variation. Do you have the 2nd or 3rd Guide rod? If not, I would get both.

Edited by DJRyan13