Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legion TXG Grip Modules available in SMALL?

jmleenz

On Sigs website it shows all three sizes of TXG heavy grip modules in the drop down but only the medium is "in stock". Is Sig really going to offer the Legion grip in all sizes?

Sig_Sauer.png

That would be good if they made smalls. The X Grip modules are big and blocky. They should also make a tungsten grip module with removable grips, like steel guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The so called modularity of SIG guns has been a huge disappointment.  I've purchased 2 sig 320's of different flavors and neither has other than the medium grip modules available. I won't purchase another.  I wish SIG would produce the parts for the guns they have instead of changing/reinventing/introducing new  things every month.  And why in the world would you build a slide that will take everyone's optics and not your own?

55 minutes ago, AKJD said:

The so called modularity of SIG guns has been a huge disappointment.  I've purchased 2 sig 320's of different flavors and neither has other than the medium grip modules available. I won't purchase another.  I wish SIG would produce the parts for the guns they have instead of changing/reinventing/introducing new  things every month.  And why in the world would you build a slide that will take everyone's optics and not your own?

+1

2 hours ago, AKJD said:

+2

On 6/10/2020 at 7:13 PM, DirectDrive said:

The Small and Large sizes are made from Unobtainium.

And Unobtanium is not available at this time.

Thank you for your patience.

:)

LOL, so true.  However, if you find a large and you are good with a Dremel, wet & dry sand paper (just think woodworking) + small soldering iron you could probably make a large fit like a glove. I dropped my early P320C (the original C grip felt like a ball to me) into the new gripframe when they first came out  and it killed my thumb knuckle. Little dremeling, sanding fixed it right up, then stippled it more to my liking.  

Considering how long Sig took to ship grip sizes other than Medium for the X-series grip I wouldnt be surprised if we don't see these TXG grips in Small and Large until 2021.  

I couldn't find a small in the full size so I just went with the small X-carry grip module.  I removed my weight from the legion grip.  Sure it's not as heavy, but I find a better grip is more important than the additional weight (to me).

If you find the medium grip module a little large you can have the grip stippled.  I would find a reputable person to stipple to avoid trashing a $200 grip module.  I have had two stippled and it removed just enough material before stippling that made the grip perfect for my hand size.  If you need  a much smaller grip, this method might not take enough material off to make the medium grip comfortable for smaller hands.  On another note Osage County guns have the TXG grip module on sale.  

On 6/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, AKJD said:

Yep, 100%. I always say if you don’t like some kind of combination or optic cut from SIG, just wait till next Friday when they release a new mix lol

• 7 months later...
On 6/13/2020 at 3:52 PM, Lesliet said:

So, is the one that the x5 legion comes with, the medium?  I've wondered about going a size smaller... I thought my hands were pretty big, but I have to shift my grip a bit to hit the mag release. 

It's pretty normal to have to shift your hands for the mag release (so you don't accidentally hit it).  If the grip fits otherwise, Springer precision makes two kinds of extended mag releases that make a big difference.  1 extended and 1 extended with paddle.  I have accidentally hit the mag release with the paddle version if my grip is off just a bit, which is why I have two sitting in a drawer and gone to the extended (without the paddle).

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 1:14 PM, AKJD said:

The different sized grips are all over the place.  Use google.  They are there.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:31 AM, USMC0331 said:

The different sized grips are all over the place.  Use google.  They are there.

9 months later you’re all over it. Thanks for the tip.

• 1 month later...