Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to get a more positive reset on CZ SAO pistols?

regor

The TSO/CM triggers have never had super positive resets in my experience, but after switching to long reach triggers for both my CMs I've found the reset almost completely disappears. There is hardly any forward pressure on the trigger after the break, you just get the slight click when the sear resets. I'm assuming this is because the trigger return spring is less compressed at the rear with the extended reach triggers; does anyone make extra power TRS to fix this issue and make the reset more positive? 

A number of shooters have mentioned this, and I also experience that when I had a TS Blue, which is very similar to the Orange.  Thing with the Tactical Sport compared to an SP01 or such, the TS trigger bar is a single bow, so there's also just one spring 'leg' working it....so it's not going to be as hardy of a 'click' as it notches back up on return.  Also, I don't know how yours is set up, but I thought I remember someone mentioning they get a little more 'feedback' replacing the stock polymer trigger with an aluminum one.  I don' know about stiffer versions of the trigger return spring, maybe that could be worked to have more tension.  Don't think you can squeeze two in there because one leg has to go into a small hole.

For me it kind of just came with the beast that I had to let up with trigger finger and trust that it reset.  Many aluminum triggers have adjustable pre-travel too, not sure about stock polymer.

1 hour ago, MoRivera said:

A number of shooters have mentioned this, and I also experience that when I had a TS Blue, which is very similar to the Orange.  Thing with the Tactical Sport compared to an SP01 or such, the TS trigger bar is a single bow, so there's also just one spring 'leg' working it....so it's not going to be as hardy of a 'click' as it notches back up on return.  Also, I don't know how yours is set up, but I thought I remember someone mentioning they get a little more 'feedback' replacing the stock polymer trigger with an aluminum one.  I don' know about stiffer versions of the trigger return spring, maybe that could be worked to have more tension.  Don't think you can squeeze two in there because one leg has to go into a small hole.

For me it kind of just came with the beast that I had to let up with trigger finger and trust that it reset.  Many aluminum triggers have adjustable pre-travel too, not sure about stock polymer.

I actually have a regular aluminum trigger in my TSO. It is more positive than the stock plastic one. The long reach triggers are also aluminum but they have an even weaker reset than the stock. 

1 hour ago, kneelingatlas said:

I'm pretty sure you can stack two trigger return springs

The front leg goes through a little hole in the trigger and the back leg goes under a tiny shelf on the trigger bar. I don’t see there being enough room to stack two in either of those spots. If you’ve done it I’d love to see how. 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:06 PM, yigal said:

like this. say thanks for this to Fasthenk65  gunsmith.

PHOTO-2019-02-06-21-20-31.jpg

Can you explain what’s going on here and maybe get a more closeup shot of the springs. I can’t really tell what’s going on with the second spring. Is that a regular TRS from the DA/SA guns?

31 minutes ago, regor said:

Can you explain what’s going on here and maybe get a more closeup shot of the springs. I can’t really tell what’s going on with the second spring. Is that a regular TRS from the DA/SA guns?

yes.

17 hours ago, George16 said:

I wish shipping doesn’t take five weeks from their store.

Order today and you'll have it in 5 weeks. Much better than fretting about it and not ordering it.

And 2 trs will indeed fit.

22 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Order today and you'll have it in 5 weeks. Much better than fretting about it and not ordering it.

And 2 trs will indeed fit.

only with al. triggers. not with original plastic.

1 hour ago, yigal said:

only with al. triggers. not with original plastic.

In the 3 ipsc standard/ts/tso I've owned I only ever had the al trigger in them. Thanks for the clarification. 

3 hours ago, regor said:

I’ll get one and try it out. 

I tried with a spare TRS I had around and I could not get it to fit. Maybe the long reach aluminum triggers don’t have enough room either. 

• 2 years later...

Will be trying the DA trigger spring install tomorrow in my new Racing Green, I too wish for a more positive reset. I'd also like to reduce the reset difference, but, have zero idea how. I've got the overtravel adjusted perfect, but the reset is longer than of my DA/SA CZs by a a considerable amount. 

16 minutes ago, slavex said:

Did the spring install, much nicer reset pressure now, and not noticeable on trigger press really. Also installed lighter mag catch spring. But still want to make the reset shorter. 

how  much shorter?