Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Ohio, newbie at 3 gun and any type of Competive Shooting

ML123

I have been lurking on the site for a few months now and really have enjoyed all the invaluable content. I wanted to introduce myself as I will probably be posting here as I am a huge tinker and like building and modify guns almost as much as shooting them.  I have a ton of questions especially with handguns while I love my G19 which is my current go to gun for everything.  I just bought a CZ75 SP-01 man safety and cant wait to get my hands on it both to shoot it and take it apart for upgrades.  I had no idea what a CZ75 was before I came here and they have such a huge following especially for upgrades and aftermarket support.

While I am new to the sport of competitive shooting but have been a long time gun owner with a CCW permit.  I did a 2 gun match in March and another in May and found I really enjoyed it but at the same time I really stink at it lol.  I am still sorting equipment out and recently picked up a Stoeger MK3 Freedom I plan to use in my next match and do my first "3gun"  match.  My eyes are a mess and I am having to adapt to different things, I have a lazy right eye that wont focus and I am right handed so I am severely left eye dominant.  Plus I am old and cant see s#!t up close.  I had to switch rifle to left hand and still shoot handgun right handed but it seems to be working out just need more practice along with time for it.

I am in Ohio and shoot at Southington Hunt Club and Dynamic Steel in Deerfield.  If any one here shoots there and does not mind a newbie who will ask a ton of questions feel free to say hi, I am hoping to be at DSS June 28.

Welcome! 

what part of Ohio are you from? I’m probably from the Cleveland area and make it back that way a couple times a year to see my parents.  Always looking for a comp to shoot at while I’m visiting.