Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate spring kit from Grauffel

rowdyb

Yep...full set and by far best spring kit ever used (almost tried all of them). 10/10+ TRS + Sear spring+ FP spring....great combo for 124gr. Durability..recoil arround 10k+. Cycling, locking, reset, SA/DA second to none. Recommended setup - without buffer

Same here. I had some light strikes with 10 FP spring so went back to CGW 11 lbs. Also the reset is to ' soft' for my liking (also with the CGW TRS) so I put the original one back in.

I installed them in my new bull shadow but actually like Cajun springs a bit more, with the sear and trs springs the trigger reset just didn’t feel as crisp to me. 

Rowdy if you are interested in trying them let me know I might sell the ones I have, I’ve actually got 2 full sets of springs with an 11lb recoil and 8 &10lb main springs, just a thought if your interested in them.

44 minutes ago, ML123 said:

Anyone here familiar with the MCARBO kit?

https://www.mcarbo.com/cz-75-trigger-spring-kit.aspx

I installed their kit in one of my decocker P01s just to compare it my other CZs which all have CGW kits. Not bad at all for the money. I regretfully didn't get trigger pull weights prior to installation but after a good internals polish and the install of the MCARBO kit I'm consistently getting sub 6lb DA and sub 3lb SA pulls. The MCARBO kit includes a replacement sear spring while the CGW kits include a replacement lifter spring. I had a spare CGW lifter spring lying around and also threw that in so it's not 100% MCARBO but close. Other than that and the polishing, the gun is stock - trigger and hammer still original. I'd say the MCARBO kit is worth the money for what it gives you.  I did eventually add an 11.5lb main spring (but not an extended firing pin and it's doing fine with commercial range ammo so far). That made the DA even better. And who knows, I may eventually end up with a new trigger and hammer which would mean just ordering a CGW pro kit up front would have been easier. 🤣

49 minutes ago, Seakphotog said:

I installed their kit in one of my decocker P01s just to compare it my other CZs which all have CGW kits. Not bad at all for the money. I regretfully didn't get trigger pull weights prior to installation but after a good internals polish and the install of the MCARBO kit I'm consistently getting sub 6lb DA and sub 3lb SA pulls. The MCARBO kit includes a replacement sear spring while the CGW kits include a replacement lifter spring. I had a spare CGW lifter spring lying around and also threw that in so it's not 100% MCARBO but close. Other than that and the polishing, the gun is stock - trigger and hammer still original. I'd say the MCARBO kit is worth the money for what it gives you.  I did eventually add an 11.5lb main spring (but not an extended firing pin and it's doing fine with commercial range ammo so far). That made the DA even better. And who knows, I may eventually end up with a new trigger and hammer which would mean just ordering a CGW pro kit up front would have been easier. 🤣

Thanks for the feedback.  I am new to all of this and just picked up a brand new SP-01 manual Safety to use in 3 gun which I am just getting started with.  I want to clean up the trigger and put new sights on it. I dont want to go all crazy with upgrades and modifications and money into it when just buying a better competition gun would end up being cheaper and obviously easier.  I have been reading extensively including the kneelingatlas thread and youtube of course to figure out what all is necessary or recommended.

21 hours ago, ML123 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I am new to all of this and just picked up a brand new SP-01 manual Safety to use in 3 gun which I am just getting started with.  I want to clean up the trigger and put new sights on it. I dont want to go all crazy with upgrades and modifications and money into it when just buying a better competition gun would end up being cheaper and obviously easier.  I have been reading extensively including the kneelingatlas thread and youtube of course to figure out what all is necessary or recommended.

The MCARBO kit will certainly help reduce the trigger pull weights and a good polish of the internals will not only also help reduce those weights but also smooth things out. Have fun with it. I love my SP01.

A little OT but I recently purchased 3 Grauffel recoil springs for my CM and I am VERY disappointed in their quality control. I purchased an 8# and it measured almost 10#. The 9 measured 12# and the 10# measured 12#. I verified my scales by measuring several Wolfe and IMSI springs which were both spot on. I reached out to Shooters Connection, where I purchased the springs and they have yet to return my email.

Edited by igolfat8