Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot on open gun

midatlantic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, gianmarko said:

probably potentiometer was replaced with a standard one. or was not an original cmore...

No. They were usually very old and used cmores so Im sure they were not fakes. The dots were usually very dim when switched off. They had to be in the dark to be visible. When it eats battery lika a pacman this is the first thing I check. And I did see about 3 units that had it in several years in my possession. All were acquired old and used. My only solution was to replace the innards from used but working units w/ damaged bodies. 

eta. They were not click switch. 

Edited by BoyGlock

On 6/9/2020 at 12:12 PM, midatlantic said:

I do shoot carry optics (Shadow 2)  but have been making some 80 percent 1911's ( a 9mm and .45) have decided to try my hand at a 2011.

I asked about the red dot as part of my thought process to figure out what I might build. (Think I finally figured out how to gunsmith fit a barrel. (A couple of thousand rounds through the 9mm and barrel lugs show no sign of rubbing, impact. Tho that was was the second attempt. The first barrel ended up in the trash.))

Also to help me decide on the 2011, anyone like to recommend a compensator for 9mm major? I dont know much about them, so all advice welcome.

I'd like to keep it short, if possible, and even spring for titanium, to keep the weight off the nose. And am I correct that they only really work with 9mm major?

Thanks

This will not be popular but I shoot my open guns in open minor.  I run federal brass and aluminum through my gun.  I do not reload so purchasing major ammo is expensive and I only use major at large matches and I only shoot 1-2 large matches a year.  All of the other matches I shoot are local smaller matches.

I have built 2 open guns for open minor.  I like to make them short and heavy.  I run a comp on them and they shoot extremely flat.  I let carry optics shooters try my gun and they say it is like shooting a .22, and yes they call it a cheater gun.

285750BD-CBAB-4FFC-A32B-07E57F09AF74.jpeg