Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat checkering

I found these Wilson Combat checkering panels for $9.95 each, so I thought I'd see if I could make them work on a CZ.  They're a little big for the flat spots on the frame so I'll have to cut them down to size.

IMG_20200606_184814.thumb.jpg.3db7bae47c2ac77c5ed40112613b527b.jpg

They're thinner than I expected (0.006") so they can't be welded, but I think I can glue them on, either with epoxy or JB Weld, any thoughts? Should I sand the frame to bare metal or glue right to the coating?

The checkering is not cut into the metal like I expected, but rather pressed through like the fine side of a cheese grater.  I decided the finished product would likely be a disappointment, so I packed them up and shipped them back.

I've found a gunsmith who does checkering with a laser for $175 front and back, so I think I'll give him a try.

33 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

The checkering is not cut into the metal like I expected, but rather pressed through like the fine side of a cheese grater.  I decided the finished product would likely be a disappointment, so I packed them up and shipped them back.

I've found a gunsmith who does checkering with a laser for $175 front and back, so I think I'll give him a try.

I have one too and I didn't like it. There is another type of better quality from Behlert's .

Behlert`S Checkered Front Strap For P9, Blued For Sale at ...