Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Vs X5 Legion

terrydoc

Hi Guy's

Can anyone tell me the dimension differences between the 320 X5 and the 320 X5 Legion optic dovetail. I've looked at some of the plates being made for the Legion and trying to work out why they wouldn't fit the X5. 

Thanks in advance

They won’t fit because they’re longer. The X5 Legion cut is about ~3mm longer to accommodate the R1Pro and DPP. You can actually use a Romeo 1 on the x5 Legion but there will be a gap in the front and back. Back before the x5 legion and Romeo 1 Pro came out and people want to install a DPP on a regular X5, they were filing the cutout to allow installation of the longer DPP.

The Romeo 1, R1Pro and DPP share the same mounting holes. Main difference is the DPP and R1Pro are physically longer than the Romeo 1.The R1Pro and DPP also comes with M4 x .7 screws while the Romeo came with 6-48 filister screws. I have mounted a Romeo 1 on a friend’s M17 by enlarging the Romeo 1 mounting holes using a 4mm drill bit.

You can shave material from your springer precision plate to make it fit on your X5. The hole locations are the same.

6 minutes ago, Pin Shooter said:

So..... I have a Legion X5 and DPP..... and mine doesn’t fit! Am I missing something here? I thought DPP and Legion slides were compatible without a mount?

I have a DPP directly mounted on my X5 Legion.

13 hours ago, Pin Shooter said:

So..... I have a Legion X5 and DPP..... and mine doesn’t fit! Am I missing something here? I thought DPP and Legion slides were compatible without a mount?

Is the DPP too long or whats preventing it from fitting? You’re the first one I’ve seen that’s having a problem fitting a DPP on an X5 legion.

Edited by George16
Spelling

From what I've read the dpp is a hair larger than the r1pro

Also I thought some of the newer x5s had the better optic cut?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Looks to me like if you have an older X5 with the Romeo 1 cut, you have the cut on the left while the current X5 Legion has the cut on the right (which having a dovetail cutout is irrelevant because it doesn't alter the size of the cut).  Due to the Deltapoint Pro being larger than the Romeo 1, any plate you get for the Legion will be slightly too large to fit the normal X5.

4 hours ago, whitestardan said:

Looks to me like if you have an older X5 with the Romeo 1 cut, you have the cut on the left while the current X5 Legion has the cut on the right (which having a dovetail cutout is irrelevant because it doesn't alter the size of the cut).  Due to the Deltapoint Pro being larger than the Romeo 1, any plate you get for the Legion will be slightly too large to fit the normal X5.

And the winner is either of the two center slides with the Pro milling.

31 minutes ago, whitestardan said:

Find this video by accident, but in addition to the DPP cut being 2mm longer than the other, the screw holes at larger than the Romeo 1. 

https://youtu.be/BcdCICMDUc4

Yes that’s correct. It’s what I have in my previous post. Romeo 1 used 6-48 filister screws while the DPP and R1Pro use M4 x .7 screws.