Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One pass loading on Evolution Pro or Revolution

The instruction manual has a setup for one pass. I haven’t had the need to do it yet as I had just processed a poop load of both 223 and 308 on my 1050 before I upgraded to Revo. 

When I am ready to run 223 on the Revo, I am not sure yet if I will do one pass. I am not that rushed for time. 

Talked to Misty today at Mark 7. Can’t do single pass with trimmer because the powder measure won’t fit.

Have to wait till Lyman comes out with new trimmer. Going to be tall and slimmer to allow the powder measure to fit.

i guess you could do single pass if you don’t trim.

This has been discussed in other threads a few times.

I have a manual Evo and the MK7/Bosch trimmer. I can do 1 pass .223 loading but my main issue is the trimmer's manifold which doesn't fit well between the neighboring dies. I have no issues with the powder measure getting in the way but do have to add that I run it in station 6. A Dillon powder measure by the way.

MK7_trimmer.jpg

Edited by RGA

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 12:27 AM, RGA said:

This has been discussed in other threads a few times.

I have a manual Evo and the MK7/Bosch trimmer. I can do 1 pass .223 loading but my main issue is the trimmer's manifold which doesn't fit well between the neighboring dies. I have no issues with the powder measure getting in the way but do have to add that I run it in station 6. A Dillon powder measure by the way.

MK7_trimmer.jpg

What do you do about case lube on one pass after a round is loaded?

Wipe it off or just send it down range?

1 hour ago, Thetimb said:

What do you do about case lube on one pass after a round is loaded?

Wipe it off or just send it down range?

It won’t hurt anything. You can always tumble the finished rounds after if you really want to.