Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video - Reloading 9mm on my RL1100

Looks good, I have the Wallboard setup as well. Nice job on the video, but your bench is much to clean :).

I'd suggest an Inline Fab Ergo Handle, your elbow/shoulder will thank you - takes away some of the bottom of the stroke while keeping the top level the same.

https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/dillon/products/dillon-1050-roller

Also, with the 1050/1100 the MBF powder funnel isn't really needed, when the swage/backer die is setup in station 3 correctly, the standard Dillon funnel works fine.  That's strait from DAA.  And no more thump.  I don't use MBF funnel for any of my 1050 calibers.

If looking for a press light setup, I highly recommend the Starlight setup...

https://reloadinginnovations.com/products/dillon-1050-press-lighting-kit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope your garage has AC....today the heat index was 108° in McAllen. This summer has been a killer in TX. 
At our range last weekend it was 104° but we don't have near the humidity like you do in the Valley. 

Edited by lll Otto lll

10 hours ago, eboadway said:

Love mine too (and it doesn't make that annoying ratcheting sound :) )! I bought a $36 endoscope on Amazon that connects to my iPad thanks to recommendations here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYTHWK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Definitely enjoying the view with an Depstech 8Mp Endoscope from Amazon also!

And the zoom gives the option to look closer if there's any suspicion of the powder levels.............

3.8N320.jpg

3.8N320.png

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

How much real estate does the RL1100 take up on a bench?  Can it fit in a 2 foot wide space?

I currently have a 4 ft wide bench with a 550B right in the middle.  If I slid it over a bit, will both presses fit comfortably on a 4 ft wide bench?

Thanks,

-Cuz

4 minutes ago, Cuz said:

How much real estate does the RL1100 take up on a bench?  Can it fit in a 2 foot wide space?

I currently have a 4 ft wide bench with a 550B right in the middle.  If I slid it over a bit, will both presses fit comfortably on a 4 ft wide bench?

Thanks,

-Cuz

Yes if you put one on each end my 1050 takes up 19/20 inches. The 550 takes up about the same.

On 8/29/2020 at 6:00 PM, HOGRIDER said:

Definitely enjoying the view with an Depstech 8Mp Endoscope from Amazon also!

And the zoom gives the option to look closer if there's any suspicion of the powder levels.............

3.8N320.jpg

3.8N320.png

Hogrider, that is a very clear picture. Maybe the best I've seen.

Do you have a pic of how your endoscope is mounted?

I've got a scope but haven't mounted it yet still looking at options. Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Do you find it awkward loading without the bullet feeder?
I was planning to get the press and skip the bullet feeder for now to keep costs down.

For me, I ran for a bit without my Bullet feeder because I needed to fix some control wiring on my  Mr. Bullet Feeder (MBF).  It is not awkward, just slower.  

I will say purchase the MBF die for which ever press you but if you do not immediately purchase the MBF.  You can set the die up and feed bullets into the die versus sticking your fingers into the press while loading.  While this will not allow you to run as fast if you had the complete MFB, this will allow you to load much faster than just putting bullets on the casings by hand.  Just an idea.

On 8/29/2020 at 7:27 AM, eboadway said:

Love mine too (and it doesn't make that annoying ratcheting sound :) )! I bought a $36 endoscope on Amazon that connects to my iPad thanks to recommendations here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYTHWK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have researched some of these endoscopes and have ready where there are some delays in the picture.  Have you experienced any delay using this endoscope?  What are you using to watch the video produced by the endoscope?  

1 hour ago, ddc said:

ddc:

This pic is with the 8Mp camera that does offer a nice view!  I tried several different ways to mount, and came up with this.  It may seem a bit ghetto, but that 16.5' of cable is out of my way.  It sure creates a bit of a challenge to mount.........

One thing I dislike about the 8mp camera is the Auto Focus that's built in and can't be disabled.  If I'm loading at normal speed, I'm seeing a bit of blurring when glancing at the monitor to view the powder drop in the case.  Just got in the 5Mp version that does not have auto focus, and I'm going to mount it up and see how good the pic is along with the stability of the camera.

HTHs!

:)

Endo Mount1.png

Endo Mount2.png

Endo Mount3.png

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

On 6/3/2020 at 8:08 PM, HOGRIDER said:

So would you attribute the smoothness of your loading to the brass being "only" cleaned with the Brass Juice Wash (without stainless pins?) and followed up with the Brass Juice Case Lube?

I had someone on another forum recommend the Redding Expander Die.  This has really smoothed out the press.  I had to slightly adjust the MBF Powder funnel by raising it up a hair, and I rarely ever have the press "Stick".  I replaced the Dillon die in station 3 where I swage the casings on my Super 1050.  

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019976654

21 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

For me, I ran for a bit without my Bullet feeder because I needed to fix some control wiring on my  Mr. Bullet Feeder (MBF).  It is not awkward, just slower.  

I will say purchase the MBF die for which ever press you but if you do not immediately purchase the MBF.  You can set the die up and feed bullets into the die versus sticking your fingers into the press while loading.  While this will not allow you to run as fast if you had the complete MFB, this will allow you to load much faster than just putting bullets on the casings by hand.  Just an idea.

I totally agree with getting the MBF die assembly if the whole system is not in the budget right now.  I updated to the Pro Dropper Assembly, and it's working like a charm!  And it holds 14 Zero 147 JHP bullets when shutting off the feeder.  Would definitely be more efficient that placing each bullet by hand...........been there, done that!

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mr-bulletfeeder-pro-dropper-assembly

7 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I had someone on another forum recommend the Redding Expander Die.  This has really smoothed out the press.  I had to slightly adjust the MBF Powder funnel by raising it up a hair, and I rarely ever have the press "Stick".  I replaced the Dillon die in station 3 where I swage the casings on my Super 1050.  

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019976654

I've seen the Redding Expander Die recommended by several users.  On my RL1100, I just didn't want to give up my swaging backup rod that provides a solid stop inside the case.

I modified my MBF powder funnel and have no "sticking" of my wet tumbled brass.  All I do is wipe the funnel expander with a swipe of case lube, and it will last an entire loading session.

👍

2 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Did you just polish the MBF powder funnel?

No, I had it machined just a bit smaller on the upper step; then polished it.

The "sticking" from the MBF is caused by surface friction, and seems most evident when using new or wet tumbled brass.

37 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

I totally agree with getting the MBF die assembly if the whole system is not in the budget right now.  I updated to the Pro Dropper Assembly, and it's working like a charm!  And it holds 14 Zero 147 JHP bullets when shutting off the feeder.  Would definitely be more efficient that placing each bullet by hand...........been there, done that!

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mr-bulletfeeder-pro-dropper-assembly

I also agree. I have the die assembly (without bullet feeder) on my 650 and it really speeds things up over placing each bullet manually. 

Plus it does a better job of placing the bullet vertically in the case mouth.

Now that I've an 1100 with a bullet feeder it's tough to go back to the 650 but it would be even worse if I had to place the bullet manually.

4 hours ago, ddc said:

ddc:

I swapped out the 8Mp Auto Focus camera for the 5Mp non-auto focus.  Great view along with instant, standard focus.  Still has the 2x and 3x zoom if needed.

5Mp.png

1 minute ago, Boomstick303 said:

Blue tooth connectivity correct?  Is there any lag in picutre?

No, it's wifi.  The Depstech power pack produces a secure hotspot that the tablet logs into via wifi settings.  If there's any lag, I can't spot it.

This is the one I settled on:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV83RSS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

👍