Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video - Reloading 9mm on my RL1100

Put together this little video to show the RL1100 in action this past weekend.  The footage from the right side of the machine is when I first set it up prior to adjusting the timing.  All the left hand side content is with machine dialed in as best as I know.  This machine was just purchased and installed 2 weeks ago and I'm still learning this platform.

Check out the video and provide me some feedback!

Please Follow Me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spartan.armament

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, SpartanArmament said:

Put together this little video to show the RL1100 in action this past weekend.  The footage from the right side of the machine is when I first set it up prior to adjusting the timing.  All the left hand side content is with machine dialed in as best as I know.  This machine was just purchased and installed 2 weeks ago and I'm still learning this platform.

Check out the video and provide me some feedback!

Please Follow Me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spartan.armament

SA:

I'll start off by saying your video was excellent IMO!  The slo-mo sections helped to see a lot of your details.

I'd like to hear what dies are in your setup? What components were you using?

I see your using the MBF powder funnel.........but didn't notice any "sticking" as your brass came down out of the powder measure.  Reason?  Were you using a particular brass lube?  

Would appreciate any details you may offer!

THANK YOU!

SA:

Just noticed at the info section of your YouTube video:

Reloading Machine: Dillon Precision RL1100

Bullets: Gallant Bullets 9mm 147gr

Powder: Vihtavuouri N320 3.4gr

Primers: CCI #500 Small Pistol Primers

Cases: Mixed Once Fired Range Brass

Case Wash: Brass Juice Case Wash

Case Lube: Brass Juice Pistol Case Lube

So would you attribute the smoothness of your loading to the brass being "only" cleaned with the Brass Juice Wash (without stainless pins?) and followed up with the Brass Juice Case Lube?

Thanks again!

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

HogRider,

I appreciate the feedback!

Dies:
- Dillon Size/Decap
- Dillon Swage Backer
- MBF Powder Funnel
- Dillon Seating
- Lee 9mm Factory Crimp Die

I know it looks really smooth but the MBF powder funnel definitely hangs on to many cases. I tried a polish and while better it still sticks way more than I’d like.

As you saw in the YT Info section I do use the Brass Juice Case Wash and Case Lube. 2 best products ever and I totally recommend. Lube smells amazingly great!

Please check out my Instagram as I have a lot more content on there. For the Mods I’m just a regular guy not a business and none of this is for profit.

14 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Looks great. Can't wait to add a faster press to compliment my 550.

I loaded on a 550 for over twenty years and I got a nice used 1050 a couple years ago and it’s really been worth it. It has put the fun back into loading.

23 minutes ago, SpartanArmament said:

HogRider,

I appreciate the feedback!

Dies:
- Dillon Size/Decap
- Dillon Swage Backer
- MBF Powder Funnel
- Dillon Seating
- Lee 9mm Factory Crimp Die

I know it looks really smooth but the MBF powder funnel definitely hangs on to many cases. I tried a polish and while better it still sticks way more than I’d like.

As you saw in the YT Info section I do use the Brass Juice Case Wash and Case Lube. 2 best products ever and I totally recommend. Lube smells amazingly great!

Please check out my Instagram as I have a lot more content on there. For the Mods I’m just a regular guy not a business and none of this is for profit.

Went back and watched the video a couple more times.......and yes, I did pickup on the "thump" of the MBF powder funnel.  A little easier to notice during your slo-mo sections of the video.

I've also heard that mixed brass will actually cause more "sticking" on some cases than others........

I believe is was "Sarge" that commented a while back that he simply "powers through" the funnel stick and doesn't really notice it.

Thanks!

👍

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

Yes you DO!  [emoji4]

Loading 300BLK on my 650.

Are you processing your the 300BLK on the 1100? That’s what I really want it for. Processing and loading 223/5.55 and 300 BLK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you processing your the 300BLK on the 1100? That’s what I really want it for. Processing and loading 223/5.55 and 300 BLK

I will be whenever I can find an RL1100 Short Trim Die Toolhead in stock. I have everything else already. Going to be using the Honey Badger setup with a Bosch 1617EVS. I went with the Whidden Die because it’s the only one I can find. I’m going to try it and if it’s not what I expected I’ll upgrade to Dillon’s once they get this carbide issue figured out.

35 minutes ago, Dwbsig said:

I loaded on a 550 for over twenty years and I got a nice used 1050 a couple years ago and it’s really been worth it. It has put the fun back into loading.

I got a 550 this past winter. Plan was to eventually end up with a 550 and 1050 and found a deal on the 550 first.

I may end up going the Evo route instead with that new cheaper primer system they are coming out with.

12 hours ago, George16 said:

Very nice video. I can’t wait until I receive mine. 

By the way, what’s your table made of? It looks really nice and sturdy.

Thank You!  It's a custom built workbench that a local handyman made for me last year.  It is framed using 2"x6" on all sides and cross members.  It is secured directly to the studs in the wall and supported by 4 legs using 4"x6" pressure treated lumber.  The top is 3/4" plywood with a thinner mdf underneath.

I am very pleased with the construction as it's rock solid, doesn't move and he even built in an existing Craftsman roller drawer cabinet I already had plus some shelves in the middle.

Here's a full pic of the Reloading/Work Bench.  It's 2' Deep and 12' Long.  It stands very tall at 44" I believe, don't recall exactly at the moment.  The XL650 on a 4" Inline Micro Ultramount allows me to reach the handle with my arm completely horizontal while standing.

I also purchased (and sold) the same mount for my RL1100 but it sat way too tall and I decided to mount direct to bench which was much better.

IMG_7913_polarr.thumb.jpg.73445917eb9513f4ca87a28114831247.jpg

Here's a full pic of the Reloading/Work Bench.  It's 2' Deep and 12' Long.  It stands very tall at 44" I believe, don't recall exactly at the moment.  The XL650 on a 4" Inline Micro Ultramount allows me to reach the handle with my arm completely horizontal while standing.

I also purchased (and sold) the same mount for my RL1100 but it sat way too tall and I decided to mount direct to bench which was much better.

Spartan:

Very nice setup.  Looks great!

👍

Very nice setup.  

How do handle checking the powder load?  I mean I've never had my 750 not throw a charge or throw a double, but I like looking into the case and eyeballing that there is a charge and that it's about the right height.   In the 1100 it looks like the powder drop is on the complete opposite side and from the video it looks like it might be hard to look into the case before it gets to the bullet feeder.

Impressive M700. Thanks to your detailed video. I’m waiting for my 1100 and trying to get everything so I just have to install them when my press arrives. 

Can you please post the links for the parts needed? Thanks. 

• 2 months later...