Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need advice on converting a STI Maurader

Hello...new to the forum and a new 2011 owner.  So I need help and advice...I just got my hands on a STI 2011 Limited Edition Maurader.  I love it and it shoots well and glad I invested into 2011 guns and STI...its what everyone talks about and meets expectations: accurate and beautiful fit and finish.  Now the thing is I wanted a carry/home defense pistol so this one is a bit too big.  I was originally wanting a STI Staccato P DUO but this came up instead for a trade and decided to go for it.  

So what is your advice...would it be worth trading this for a Staccato P or something similar.  The other thing I was thinking is replacing the barrel and slide etc to make it a carry comp.  I was interested in a flush comp like the carry comp, dvc p, Staccato xc.  Or maybe porting the barrel and slide.  Can you tell me where I could buy those parts and tell me what parts are compatible.  

Basically I like the quality, fit and finish, sickness, ball bearing smoothness of this STI 2011 but want a more sizeable and smaller pistol that I can carry and use as home defense.  I also wanted to compensate or port it to get it to shoot flatter.  So how do I do this...customize what I got or is there something out there that already meets those needs.

Let me know what you think...tell me I'm crazy...help me figure this out.

The old Carry Comp and the Staccato XC are essentially a full rail 5" gun, so it will be larger & heavier than the Marauder.

If you want small, then a Staccato C2 Duo, but it won't have a comp.

To add a comp to the gun you need to FIT a threaded barrel, as with 1911/2011 they aren't drop-in like polymer guns.

The XC or carry comp will be the size of the gun on the left. The Marauder is the size of the middle gun, and the P will be the size of the gun on the right. 4f7850167be254212f3feb62b702a028.jpg

Thanks...Ive been offered a sti dvc l as a trade...how does that stack up value wise and size...worth the trade or just getting the same thing.  Also the maurader has a threaded barrel already so could I add a compensator to what I have already but it would be adding inches right.  If I wanted to keep the maurader but shorten it up and compensate it what would I have to buy...ie the brand or links to what I would have to get

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the information...its helped out in getting a better idea. So this is my question now...would it be possible to keep the maurader and buy a new slide, barrel, etc in a shorter configuration like a c2 duo.  Basically could I buy parts to convert my maurader into a carry size.  If so what company would you recommend for all the parts.

4 hours ago, nighthawk1911 said:

Thanks for all the information...its helped out in getting a better idea. So this is my question now...would it be possible to keep the maurader and buy a new slide, barrel, etc in a shorter configuration like a c2 duo.  Basically could I buy parts to convert my maurader into a carry size.  If so what company would you recommend for all the parts.

Just have a decent smith build you a 4.25" upper with a threaded barrel and fit to your Marauder frame and add/fit the comp.

Then you have a 2 upper gun or you could just sell the current upper to recoup some of the cost of the new one.