Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL650 Priming System bolts

I placed an order with Dillon a few days ago not realizing the press I'm rebuilding was missing the bolts that connect the priming system to the press (#14138). I'm thinking it's #12-24 but don't have anything to check (M6 seems to be about the right size except it doesn't thread and 1/4-20 doesn't start at all)

My last order that was under 1 pound was $11 shipping so I'm hoping someone knows the size of the bolts so I can grab them locally instead of $3/ea + $11 shipping for something that costs about $3 to ship.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, ampleworks said:

I placed an order with Dillon a few days ago not realizing the press I'm rebuilding was missing the bolts that connect the priming system to the press (#14138). I'm thinking it's #12-24 but don't have anything to check (M6 seems to be about the right size except it doesn't thread and 1/4-20 doesn't start at all)

My last order that was under 1 pound was $11 shipping so I'm hoping someone knows the size of the bolts so I can grab them locally instead of $3/ea + $11 shipping for something that costs about $3 to ship.

Thank you!

email Dillion and ask them...

That's 454bore.

Actually I had a ship notification within 2 hours of submitting the order......so maybe some items are not in stock and are taking a week to ship but they had no problem charging me $11 to shipping package that is about ~$3.74 very quickly.

Why didn’t you just call and ask for a replacement instead of ordering it? Parts are free including shipping since the 650 has a lifetime no BS warranty.

I broke the ring indexer And the white plastic thing on the failsafe rod on my 650 and ask for a replacement when I called to order the RL110 last Friday . I received two of each yesterday.

Mine are 1/4"-28 cap screws, overall length is 1-1/4" and the threaded length is 1".  The allen recess takes a 3/16" hex key.    If Dillon won't send them to you at no charge, any good hardware, auto parts or specialty fastener store should have them.