Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Glock trigger for lightweight pull

spook1

I picked up a Glock g40 10mm to punch paper and maybe deer hunt with.   I am looking for a lightweight trigger.   What is the best trigger for the money.  I have researched and everyone talked about the dk triggers but I guess they aren’t available.   Again this will just be for paper punching and maybe deer hunting.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  

If you want to get a great trigger cheaply buy Johnny's enhanced trigger shoe and enhanced connector. Polish your trigger bar,  install the adjustable shoe and connector and get a great trigger for a small amount of cash.  I did this for a model 21 and it turned out excellent.

I’ve messed with a BUNCH of triggers over the years, although never a JG. I messed with an IDPA legal DK this weekend and it was pretty good, but still had a lot of travel. 

My favorite setup so far so far has been the TTI GM kit and an over travel stop. Total cost on the last g17 I did was $65 including shipping. I put an Edge in it and didn’t feel like I got anything but an over travel stop when compared to a competition spring kit and minus connector. 

Best set advice I can give is to go talk to guys at a match and ask to try the trigger in the safe area. Mess with all of them you can ad decide what YOU like. Maybe you like a good wall. Maybe you like a rolling break. There’s really no way to know unless you try them. Lastly, realize it’s always going to be a Glock. 

I had a JG comp trigger for a while.  Now I run a Ghost Edge connector and 4lb firing pin spring.  The Ghost setup is 95% as good as the JG kit but cost $235 less and has been more reliable. 

On 6/2/2020 at 6:01 PM, HCH said:

Lastly, realize it’s always going to be a Glock

This is the most important thing I learned spending way too much money on Glock trigger parts.  There's no magic to be unlocked.  IMO anything beyond the connector and striker spring isn't worth the money, effort, or reliability to bother with.

I'd go TTI GM kit, it is as good or better than all the $150 range triggers I've messed with. If you don't care about the cost, I hear Johnny Glock is the best around but it's a little too steep for me. 

You can easily get to 3.5 lbs. with just polishing and changing springs. A 4.5 firing pin spring, a competition safety plunger spring, and a minus connecter will get you there with extensive polishing, and removal of tool marks on all parts that rub. Run federal primers and a 4 lb striker spring and your down to under three. A TTI connector will get you a nice rolling break and smooth out pull real nice. If you are familiar with how the Glock trigger works and know what to do to remove takeup and overtravel, you can get Vanek’s trigger housing that has adjustable takeup and overtravel screws. But you have to remove material off the safety plunger tab, and shorten the trigger tab. Johnny Glocks you tube channel has video’s on how to do all the mods for free.

If you want a light trigger, you'll get that with springs.  Lighter striker spring, heavier trigger spring.  As far as the kits, a lot of them is about eliminating over travel and pre travel.  You may find that a 5$ worth of springs is all you need.

6 hours ago, nwhpfan said:

If you want a light trigger, you'll get that with springs.  Lighter striker spring, heavier trigger spring.  As far as the kits, a lot of them is about eliminating over travel and pre travel.  You may find that a 5$ worth of springs is all you need.

The heavier 6# trigger spring with a 4# firing pin spring is a good way to get light strikes and weak trigger reset.

There is much more to a great Glock trigger than changing two springs.

23 hours ago, JBP55 said:

The heavier 6# trigger spring with a 4# firing pin spring is a good way to get light strikes and weak trigger reset.

There is much more to a great Glock trigger than changing two springs.

Well there’s no such thing as a great Glock trigger, so theres that🤣🤣

Hopefully it is okay to hijack as I was about to post a similar topic.

I've been watching Johnny Glocks videos mainly as they are fascinating and have used them to enhance my stock parts with polishing.  Right now though, I feel my money is better spent on practice than one of his triggers.

I currently have a Glock 34 Gen 3 with Overwatch Precision DAT Trigger, 3.5 Ghost connectorGhost competition Spring Kit, and non-captured tungsten guide rod with unknown weight spring.

My question is mainly, is there a default "recipe" to work off of when swapping springs?  I've never even looked into buying any of these before, they just came with my gun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 1:38 PM, Jamese35 said:

Johnny Glock just built my race trigger. It's average was 1 pound 3.7 oz out of ten pulls. It's also very short, crisp, and fast on the reset.

How long ago was that, and how much did it cost? That's the lightest I've heard of. I know D.C. Precision gets their guns down to about 2 pounds, but not sure what exactly is used.

2 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

How long ago was that, and how much did it cost? That's the lightest I've heard of. I know D.C. Precision gets their guns down to about 2 pounds, but not sure what exactly is used.

That was 2 weeks ago. It's the only Glock trigger I've had that light that was 100 percent reliable. And I've tried a lot of them. I all so have a couple DC guns and even with the DC guns I use Johnny Glock triggers.

21 hours ago, Jamese35 said:

That was 2 weeks ago. It's the only Glock trigger I've had that light that was 100 percent reliable. And I've tried a lot of them. I all so have a couple DC guns and even with the DC guns I use Johnny Glock triggers.

Sounds awesome. I didn't know he was willing to go down that low. I've always heard him warn against that when interviewed, etc.

Does he have a listing for the specific trigger somewhere or did you just call and tell him exactly what you wanted?

1 hour ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Sounds awesome. I didn't know he was willing to go down that low. I've always heard him warn against that when interviewed, etc.

Does he have a listing for the specific trigger somewhere or did you just call and tell him exactly what you wanted?

you would havw to call hime and talk to him about it. This was a full build in trigger that i sent him my gun to do. With that being said, he is so busy he rarely takes them on. but you can get close with his comp trigger and the new flat trigger shoe. In fact my johnny trigger in my production G34 pulls at 2 pounds with a 4.5 pound striker spring and thats just a drop in trigger with the stock Glock trigger shoe. Tell him Jimmy Erickson sent you, he is always willing to work to give his custamers what they want.

10 minutes ago, Jamese35 said:

you would havw to call hime and talk to him about it. This was a full build in trigger that i sent him my gun to do. With that being said, he is so busy he rarely takes them on. but you can get close with his comp trigger and the new flat trigger shoe. In fact my johnny trigger in my production G34 pulls at 2 pounds with a 4.5 pound striker spring and thats just a drop in trigger with the stock Glock trigger shoe. Tell him Jimmy Erickson sent you, he is always willing to work to give his custamers what they want.

Cool, I sent him a message. I actually live only about an hour and a half away from him. So, maybe I could just drive down there and take it to him if he was willing to do it.

A friend brought me a like new Gen 5 Glock today that Bubba had worked on. Heaviest trigger pull either of us has ever seen in a Glock and he owns many. Trigger pull weight was 7# 15oz.

I removed everything and installed a Johnny Glocks trigger with a 4.5# FPS and the trigger pull was 2# 10oz.

He is a P O S T  LEO Firearms Instructor and this will be his Range Only Pistol.

I'll third or fourth the recommendations for the TTI GM kit. I have a couple 34s with these that I used to shoot in production.

Been playing in single stack and limited but every time I pull one of the Glocks out I have to admit that the trigger feels real nice, even in comparison with the "tuned" xx11 triggers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, mattx said:

I'll third or fourth the recommendations for the TTI GM kit. I have a couple 34s with these that I used to shoot in production.

Been playing in single stack and limited but every time I pull one of the Glocks out I have to admit that the trigger feels real nice, even in comparison with the "tuned" xx11 triggers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What's the pull weight on them?