Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I want to get a CZ SP01 Shadow barrel reamed.  I have sent barrels to Grams Engineering in the past, but he responded that he is no longer doing barrel reaming.

Who else can I send the barrel to?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, mveto said:

If it’s a stainless barrel (not melonited) Patriot Defense also offers a reaming service.

https://patriotdefense.com/patriot-defense-9mm-barrel-reaming-service/

Patriot does good work and does it fast. They’re a solid option I always recommend... and I’m sure other shops are out there who can do it well.

Most of the barrels I’ve cut have been hardened Shadow 2, P09, P10 Walther, or 5th Gen Glock, which are all hardened steel allowys which the big shops won’t touch. They’ll ruin a highspeed steel reamer before you get the job done, so you have to go tungsten carbide.

@1911luvr has the reamers I use custom made, so buying one through him is also an option. Be aware that carbide reamers are NOT cheap, so it only makes sense if you have a half dozen barrels to work on.)

I’m always happy to cut a 9mm 1911 or SP-01 or Tanfo, too. But any competent gunsmith can handle that task.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 2:36 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Patriot does good work and does it fast. They’re a solid option I always recommend... and I’m sure other shops are out there who can do it well.

Most of the barrels I’ve cut have been hardened Shadow 2, P09, P10 Walther, or 5th Gen Glock, which are all hardened steel allowys which the big shops won’t touch. They’ll ruin a highspeed steel reamer before you get the job done, so you have to go tungsten carbide.

@1911luvr has the reamers I use custom made, so buying one through him is also an option. Be aware that carbide reamers are NOT cheap, so it only makes sense if you have a half dozen barrels to work on.)

I’m always happy to cut a 9mm 1911 or SP-01 or Tanfo, too. But any competent gunsmith can handle that task.

Will you do a couple TSO barrels? Please