Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Driving down to SV Infinity

Nalle2491

On 6/8/2020 at 1:31 PM, Nalle2491 said:

It has the new Palmer grip instead of the skater terrain. and I think I'm going to change it to DLC instead of CrN.

Which grip is the Palmar? Also DLC should be significantly cheaper than CrN.

Actually, the price for the DLC and the CrN finish is the same.  They are both PVD applied finishes.  I have Infinity"s with both finishes and I like the DLC the best.   It is the most wear resistant finish I have ever encountered and the very deep black is quite attractive.

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Because SV is very very leery of 9 major and 38sc guns last a lot longer would be my guess. 

SV takes orders on 9mm IMM all the time. They just prefer talking to the future gun owner first to make sure they understand reloading for 9mm Major. They don’t list it as an option on the gunbuilder but they sure are making them. My buddy just ordered one this week and another buddy is about half way in on his build. They run great too! 

4 hours ago, Posvar said:

SV takes orders on 9mm IMM all the time. They just prefer talking to the future gun owner first to make sure they understand reloading for 9mm Major. They don’t list it as an option on the gunbuilder but they sure are making them. My buddy just ordered one this week and another buddy is about half way in on his build. They run great too! 

Like I said they are leary of doing them. Not that they wouldnt do them. 

• 1 month later...

With the conversation turning to the topic of 9 vs 38SC, has anyone purchased a 9Major built Infinity IMM, and have any feedback on it?  I am considering a build now, and while i would not mind going the 38SC route, I have a large supply of components, brass, bullets, powder, etc for 9Major currently and can get 9mm brass at will without issue.   I also don't know if the move to 38 would provide any kind of performance or longevity benefit given the quality of the build.  Any feedback?

5 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

With the conversation turning to the topic of 9 vs 38SC, has anyone purchased a 9Major built Infinity IMM, and have any feedback on it?  I am considering a build now, and while i would not mind going the 38SC route, I have a large supply of components, brass, bullets, powder, etc for 9Major currently and can get 9mm brass at will without issue.   I also don't know if the move to 38 would provide any kind of performance or longevity benefit given the quality of the build.  Any feedback?

I have one with all the new tech and can attest that 1) they will build them for you and 2) getting one in 9mm should raise zero concern for longevity or performance. It’s simply amazing and extremely nice to shoot. Go ahead and order one now before prices and wait time go up. 

12 hours ago, Posvar said:

I have one with all the new tech and can attest that 1) they will build them for you and 2) getting one in 9mm should raise zero concern for longevity or performance. It’s simply amazing and extremely nice to shoot. Go ahead and order one now before prices and wait time go up. 

You have one in 9mm?  If you wouldn't mind, post or PM me some photos or video of it running along with the load your running, it would be awesome.   I'm likely going to get an order in this week or next.