Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness Match

terrapin

I’ve been shooting a ton of 1911 recreationally. I’m considering shooting some local competitions. A quick perusal shows there is frequent USPSA and 3-Gun events. I kinda feel I’ll have more fun with a higher capacity 9mm. By the same token, I do not like striker fired pistols. I have been looking at 2011’s , but they seem to be pretty spendy for suspect reliability.

I happened to see a stainless EAA Witness Match in 9mm. It appears lightly used. 3x 17 round magazines. They are asking $699, and I could probably trade off a couple turds that I no longer shoot. Any feedback on this firearm. It checks all my boxes, and it’s an amount of money I’m willing to risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah don't get it... The price is too high... EAA sux... 1911's and striker fired pistols are better. What was the name of the store that has it? 🙂

Seriously... I like my match a lot more than any 1911 platform gun I own or have owned and thats quite a few. My Tanfo point like the finger of the Maker, have always been 100% reliable AND I never needed EAA for anything but mags.

Ive been using a Limited Pro a lot lately for IDPA competition...and am thinking about making the switch for USPSA as well.

The Limited Pro feels the most like a 1911 to me, but the Match is super similar as well. I think youd be doing good with that pistol for sure!

Thanks guys. I bought it. Got about 500 rounds shot. Very possibly the best shooting pistol I’ve ever owned. Zero failures, and no problem putting them all on steel at fifty yards (and I’m admittedly a mediocre pistol shot).

The factory magazine is crap, but the Mec Gars function great. I ordered 2 more at $29 each.

Virtually impossible to find an off the shelf holster that works. I managed to find a pos Springfield Armory XD holster that is marginal. Might have to do some barnyard engineering with kydex to get what I want.

Thanks for steering my towards this gun. Might need the 10mm and a carry gun on the same platform.

2 hours ago, terrapin said:

Thanks guys. I bought it. Got about 500 rounds shot. Very possibly the best shooting pistol I’ve ever owned. Zero failures, and no problem putting them all on steel at fifty yards (and I’m admittedly a mediocre pistol shot).

The factory magazine is crap, but the Mec Gars function great. I ordered 2 more at $29 each.

Virtually impossible to find an off the shelf holster that works. I managed to find a pos Springfield Armory XD holster that is marginal. Might have to do some barnyard engineering with kydex to get what I want.

Thanks for steering my towards this gun. Might need the 10mm and a carry gun on the same platform.

Blade tech shows holsters in stock for the elite match. 

https://blade-tech.com/products/classic-owb?variant=6067237552156&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2019-09-18&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqrnS5Zjq6QIVw8DACh0Qwwl7EAQYASABEgI9lPD_BwE

8 hours ago, terrapin said:

>>SNIP<<

I have three Tanfos dating from 1995 to current models and never had a problem with any of their mags. What were the issues you had?

Yeah, the factory mags ARE Mec-Gars unless the gun is so old it pre-dates that change to them.  The change to Mec-Gars was made due to some issues with the old mags so it could be possible that is what he has if it gave him trouble.  It depends on the vintage of his used gun.....if I remember correctly the switch to Mec-Gar was more than 10 years ago now.

Edited by FALAR

I have three Tanfos dating from 1995 to current models and never had a problem with any of their mags. What were the issues you had?

The magazine won’t load more than 12 rounds, and the follower binds up. The mecgars are incredibly smooth. The plus side is, I’m guessing the former owner only tried the factory mag, and then sold the entire package.