Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO rules

Gary Stevens

4 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

A larger MOA dot will help reduce that shaky feeling you get with the small 1-2 MOA dots.

For now I've went to setting three on my HS 507c it also helps me find the dot When I'm doing weakhand only but there's always been so much fun.lol

20200714_180849-1.jpg

Edited by usmc1974

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Bayou said:

When will the next rules meeting be and how many times a year can they change the rules? Come on magwells and SA, hell just be done with it and make it open minor.

I think the way they should go is essentially open minor except no comp, optic must be slide mounted, and 140 mm mags. I could also see an argument for keeping it DA/SA and striker only, but that’s the most restrictions I would bother with. 

I agree with the no comp, slide mounted and mags. I'm looking to buy and its between a G34 and the Sig for next year but want a SA. I know, just go to open but I'm staying with 9mm on my 1050. Atleast let a magwell in to quit eating the wells up.

Edited by Bayou

On 6/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, usmc1974 said:

It seems to be ruling USPSA I shot it for the first time Sunday. It was a blast I love my Gen 5 Glock 19 with Haloson 507c,  but boy it sure did show me how shaky I was, watching that little dot like the bouncing ball.  lol .. but I will get better

Quit looking AT the dot.  Look at the target and see the dot in your field of view without looking directly at it.

• 4 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 1:52 PM, B_RAD said:

I was definitely kidding. To me, the name Carry Optics means what you’ve described. 

A more accurate name would be 

“Almost open but minor only with slide mounted dot and no comp division”

but that’s kind of a mouthful. 

Walmart Open is much shorter.....  😃

BC

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, DirkD said:

what is icore?

Seriously International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts.

Think of it as a "Time" based USPSA with Revolvers without the Large Rule Book.  Or of the less rules picky IDPA?

If you enjoy Revolvers it is a great game.  It does put more emphasis on accuracy than USPSA.  Another benefit is a lot less rules, probably will change if it ever gets as popular as USPSA though, and you can even get classified without attending an official club event, just have a certified USPSA RO or an ICORE SO/RO run the classifier and turn it in.

Not hard to start a club either.  

One reason it's not as popular is its restriction to just Revolvers.  But the IRC, International Revolver Championships, routinely attracts several hundred competitors.

I'd not have a problem with USPSA Revolver Division opening it up to the original days of IPSC, run what you brung Comp, Dots, Irons, Weights 8 shot major, open the gates!!!  And I have competed in Revolver with 6 shot 44/45's & 8 shot 38's.

But this is about CO,...how can I get my Glock heavier????

1 hour ago, pskys2 said:

Seriously International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts.

Think of it as a "Time" based USPSA with Revolvers without the Large Rule Book.  Or of the less rules picky IDPA?

If you enjoy Revolvers it is a great game.  It does put more emphasis on accuracy than USPSA.  Another benefit is a lot less rules, probably will change if it ever gets as popular as USPSA though, and you can even get classified without attending an official club event, just have a certified USPSA RO or an ICORE SO/RO run the classifier and turn it in.

Not hard to start a club either.  

One reason it's not as popular is its restriction to just Revolvers.  But the IRC, International Revolver Championships, routinely attracts several hundred competitors.

I'd not have a problem with USPSA Revolver Division opening it up to the original days of IPSC, run what you brung Comp, Dots, Irons, Weights 8 shot major, open the gates!!!  And I have competed in Revolver with 6 shot 44/45's & 8 shot 38's.

But this is about CO,...how can I get my Glock heavier????

ICORE should allow other divisions so people could shoot it rather than uspsa or idpa if they want to, minimal rules sounds good

15 minutes ago, DirkD said:

ICORE should allow other divisions so people could shoot it rather than uspsa or idpa if they want to, minimal rules sounds good

well revolvers are kinda the point (why it’s in the name..). One of our matches allows bottom feeders for no score. One lady even shoots rimfire.