• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, B_RAD said:

It means 59 oz weight limit with a 140mm mag

Wait.... I mean it doesn’t mean...

Are you trying to confuse me?😁

Because I thought it meant something like a Glock 19 with a Halosun 507c in the inside the waistband holster something that you would carry all day long everyday.

Just now, usmc1974 said:

Are you trying to confuse me?😁

Because I thought it meant something like a Glock 19 with a Halosun 507c in the inside the waistband holster something that you would carry all day long everyday.

I was definitely kidding. To me, the name Carry Optics means what you’ve described. 

A more accurate name would be 

“Almost open but minor only with slide mounted dot and no comp division”

but that’s kind of a mouthful. 

5 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I was definitely kidding. To me, the name Carry Optics means what you’ve described. 

llolol...yeah

3 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Might as well make it official.  Seems that's what the benos hive mind wants

IDGAF.  I'll still shoot it with my 30 oz plastic cheapo.

5 hours ago, B_RAD said:

How long before some manufacturer puts on a comp carry gun and it just becomes open minor?

2 years, 5 years?

See, you guys have it all wrong. They are gonna keep messing with CO until it truly is Open Minor....then they will create a new division called....wait for it....Carry Optics! And it will be as it once was....

1 hour ago, Intheshaw1 said:

How long before some manufacturer puts on a comp carry gun and it just becomes open minor?

2 years, 5 years?

IDK... comps and ported barrels are illegal in production (from which CO guns are derived) and they have been available for a whole lotta years on factory guns. 

One of my first carry guns was a G23C.... but that’s not legal for production. 

1 minute ago, HCH said:

Open. No magwells in CO

You mean no add-on magwells?  My Generation 5 Glock 19 has a flared bottom.  Somebody will say that gives me an unfair advantage, and that they should be able to add a Magwell. This is USPSA you know it will happen. Lol

6 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

You mean no add-on magwells?  My Generation 5 Glock 19 has a flared bottom.  Somebody will say that gives me an unfair advantage, and that they should be able to add a Magwell. This is USPSA you know it will happen. Lol

You are correct in that statement. 

But don’t post a pic of a gun that is not CO legal as a CO gun 👍.

All the rules on the “regulated” or “factory” are SUPER arbitrary. IMO they should be: Gun must fit in box xyz dimensions (with optic cutout like idpa), gun must not weigh more than 59oz (or whatever arbitrary weight they pic).... and other than that stick with production rules.

Maybe IPSC modified was the best idea that has happened to practical shooting divisions. 

16 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

They shot down the Wilson Combat sig p320 grip module because of the integrated magwell. Unless the rules change by vote of the board it won't be allowed any time soon

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

They shot down the Wilson Combat sig p320 grip module because of the integrated magwell. Unless the rules change by vote of the board it won't be allowed any time soon

You sure about that?

441C65B1-B492-4889-9654-F1275A200105.jpeg

7 hours ago, HCH said:

But don’t post a pic of a gun that is not CO legal as a CO gun 👍.

Not legal yet!! Besides I'm not posting it as a gun that is carry Ops legal, I'm just posting a thought.

8 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

Exactly

I'll put money on it, as a matter of fact.

It seems to be ruling USPSA I shot it for the first time Sunday. It was a blast I love my Gen 5 Glock 19 with Haloson 507c,  but boy it sure did show me how shaky I was, watching that little dot like the bouncing ball.  lol .. but I will get better

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2020 at 7:12 PM, Intheshaw1 said:

2 years, 5 years?

They already exist, and there are tons of people out there who carry Glocks and CZ P10_s with comps every single day. A lot of the rules in USPSA make no sense.

RE: The OP of this thread, I agree 100%. Frame weights should be allowed. What's the point of allowing the overall weight to go up to 59oz if you aren't allowed to add external weights to Glocks, M&Ps, CZ P10_s, etc.? It's unnecessarily punishing the light striker fired polymer guns and gives the advantage to guns that start out heavy, like the Shadow 2 or the P320 X5 Legion. All it really does is reward certain OEM manufacturers and pushes everyone into using the same guns.

On 6/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, usmc1974 said:

It seems to be ruling USPSA I shot it for the first time Sunday. It was a blast I love my Gen 5 Glock 19 with Haloson 507c,  but boy it sure did show me how shaky I was, watching that little dot like the bouncing ball.  lol .. but I will get better

A larger MOA dot will help reduce that shaky feeling you get with the small 1-2 MOA dots.