Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eotech XPS2-1 on a PCC in Steel Challenge?

Has anyone shot Steel Challenge with a Eotech XPS2-1? I was looking for some feedback specifically steel challege/pcc related.

I will be shooting mostly Steel Challenge with some indoor USPSA/USARMS weekday matches. So I'm torn between the XPS2and C-More railway. I figure the C-More would be better for SC but maybe the XPS2 would be better for the other stuff and still reasonably good for SC.

I have shot a few matches with pistols. With a 6 moa cmore, 3 moa venom, and 6 moa venom. Both of the 6's work fine I only replaced the cmore with the 6 moa venom simply for weight on a rimfire pistol. Brightness of the dot seemed to be more important for me. The 3moa venom was fine until the sun came out and then the dot basically went away. I dont have that issue with a 2.5moa dpp, so thats why I think the brightness is more important. I have seen other eotechs and they seem to be extremely bright so I wasn't sure if the smaller dot would matter. I have kind of bad eyes so the dot looks gigantic no matter what!

5 hours ago, TeedOff said:

I shoot both uspsa and steel challenge with a cmore railway. 2 MOA for uspsa and 8 MOA for steel. I like the smaller dot for a bit more precision in aiming for uspsa.

Do you switch out the module each time? Does this mess with your zero? 

I think you'll find the Eotech 1 MOA dot reticle a handicap for Steel Challenge.  Multiple uppers works for me.  Large dot for Steel and small dot on a different upper for USPSA.

One PCC using different red dots with quick release mounts would work and be the less expensive option.