Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI Oversized Stainless Steel Guide Rod for Glock 9mm/.40 cal

RoundEye

The other day I picked up this "TTI Oversized Stainless Steel Guide Rod for Glock 9mm/.40 cal", and after installing it and cycle the slide a few times the rod seems to bias towards the top.  If you pull the slide off and reseat the guide rod, it'll be centered, but them bias the top again after a few cycles of the slide.  It does not seem to be touching the slide at all or causing any issues during live fire.

Is this normal, or something I should be concerned about?

Db8hf07.jpg kTYHZmm.jpg

1 hour ago, RePete said:

You are missing the reducer bushing that installs inside the slide.

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/guide-rod-adapter-for-glock-pistol-generations-4-and-5/

I probably should have noted it in the OP, but the gun is a Gen 3 G35, so the bushing that is required for Gen 4/5 guns should not be required since it can accept the standard size single spring guide rod assemblies.  The only thing that is different is that this guide rod is extends to the edge of the barrel where the factory one, and most other aftermarket replacements are OEM size and would have end an inch or so behind the slide.

• 1 month later...