Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New From Southern Indiana 2 Miles from Louisville KY

Hi.. My Name is Gary Sutter aka Headknocker at many other forums

Been Shooting for almost 50 years.. I,m 54 years old now, Started shooting with my Twin Brother & Father @ age 5..

I've played a few shooting games in the past with mostly Glocks & some 1911s..

Well a few weeks ago after the country had been shut down by the Covid-19 a few months I was out to the pharmacy & saw that a local pawn broker was OPEN..

I have been looking for either a Glock 42 or 43 for concealed carry as I have given most of my small handguns to my Family..

Gave my Wife my Taurus 85CH, Youngest Son the Glock26 Gen 4 & Twin Brother the S&W M&P Shield 2.0 9mm Just In Case anything goes down & I'm not around..

That only left me with my Longslide Glock 24 40 S&W for home defense & carry..

Well I asked the pawn broker if he had any handguns left, We all know there's been a huge run on weapons & gear since the Corona Virus Outbreak..

He said he had several left & handed me a big brown cardboard box full of guns to sift threw.. There was a Glock 42 in there @ $400 = New price for used..

Most of the rest where old rubbish pieces = Jennings, SCCY etc. & there at the bottom of the pile lay a compensated open gun Colt 1911.. What??

There was a Wilson Combat scope mount in the box & four little allen screws too..

I stepped back to allow another customer six feet closer to the pawn broker & google "Colt Custom Comp" & came up with this link = https://handguns4sale.gunsamerica.com/ItemDetails/708165372/COLT-CUSTOM-COMPETITION-MODEL-WITH-COMPENSATOR.htm 

WOW a $4500 Factory Custom Shop Compensated Competition Colt Combat Government Model in 45acp with hardchromed frame..

I have owned a Colt 1991-A1 Compact & a Gold Cup National Match all in 45acp but got away from 1911s Until that day at the pawn shop..

Anyhow the deal was made & six Benjamin's later I'm walking out with a Custom Shop Colt 1911..

Went in the LGS wanting to buy another Glock & walked out with a new hobby.. The 1911

Gun came with the Wilson scope mount & a slide racking handle in place of the rear sights, It's cut for a Bomar so I ordered a new Kensight rear sight assembly from a Glock Talk Forum Member for $45 shipped & got it fitted last night.. No pictures of that YET!!

P5050107 - Copy.JPG

P5050109 - Copy.JPG

P5090147 - Copy.JPG

P5090149 - Copy.JPG

P5090152 - Copy.JPG

Welcome to the forum.

If you aren't already a member look into Silver Creek Conservation Club in Sellersburg. A really nice range and they have USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, Trap and NRL .22 matches.

USPSA match this Sunday.

Look me up if any questions.(I'm the Treasurer of the club) 

Thanks for the Greeting & the invite to the Silver Creek Conservation Club..

Where do you think I started shooting @ age five?? Right There @ The Silver Creek Conservation Club..

I haven't been to there since I was about 25 = 30 years now..

My father & buddy fished there every weekend while my brother & I learned how to shoot & handle firearms @ The range next to the lake..

I remember my Pop's H&R 9 shot 22lr revolver & Marlin bolt action 22lr + a Savage over & under 22lr/.410.. Wish I had them..

Later we always shot at the FREE Henryville range in the forestry.. I hear they charge you to shoot there now?? Not Sure..

My Dad bought a lot @ Country Squire lakes & from then on that's where we fished in North Vernon..

My Passion for Firearms was Born Right There in Sellersburg the summer of 1971 at the SCCC.. THANKS!!

I'd love to see that range again..

Would love to shoot some steel plates with this Comped Colt 45acp & My Glock 24 .40S&W

Wanna get as fast as I once was.. Takes a lot of practice..

Shooting well is a perishable skill.. Practice Practice Practice...

You're Right To Put Me in the category of looking for a range..

There's an indoor range 1/2 mile away American Shooters in Clarksville.. Never Been There They Tell Me It's Nice..

I'm also in the look for an Old Safariland 008/009/010 Colt Comp Holster designed by Bill Rodgers for the compensated 1911.. + a basket weave belt 36"

Guess I should put an add in the classifieds once I have access to it here..

This is the holster I remember from back in the day.. I want One Badly!!

Just can't see to find one available any more??

They've all gone to metal & polymer = No Leather..

008 holster.jpg

008 holster II.jpg

008 holster III.jpg