Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 and Carry optics

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Fishbreath said:

Maryland State, more likely.

Just watched your video. You got screwed, even without the slow mo. 

Nice shooting by the way

1 hour ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Was it the same MD/stage designer tho?  I don't shoot over there too much but the Delmarva match was outstanding in every way.

Delmarva and MD state were different MD's and vary different style matches. 

For example, my average HF for MD was 5.76 and my average for DMV was 8.5. And honestly DMV should of been higher. I finished 3rd in my division in both matches, So it's not like I bombed MD resulting in the low HF. In fact I think I did better at that match.

My lowest HF at DMV was 5.9, it was the 1 per stage which always have low HF. That's still higher than my average from MD state 🤣. Yes people complained that MD state was to hard. 

15 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

that would be an absolute disaster, its hard enough to get stages set up without shoot throughs and 180 problems.

I shot a few matches with a MD that set stages to meet your proposal and the stages sucked because there were almost zero options because if you allowed them you would end up over 8 from a position.

And that's really the issue, you can't fix bad stage designers with a rule. 

8 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

My lowest HF at DMV was 5.9, it was the 1 per stage which always have low HF. That's still higher than my average from MD state 🤣. Yes people complained that MD state was to hard. 

I fail to see the complainers' point.  Everyone shot the same stages, did they not?

if they want an easy win, there's always IDPA.

I've shot a solid ammount of SS, limited and now CO. I love shooting SS because you actually have to think and plan a stage out. I only switched back to limited because I got bored in SS. Then my eye sight got a lot worse in my bad eye so I started playing in CO amd found with being blind in one eye using a dot is a heck of a lot easier. 

On 7/7/2022 at 7:22 PM, shred said:

Tell him you're going to load to 12 because 'it's just a local match'.  😄

I have been playing this game since before hi-caps were a thing and it's easy to map stage design and round count over the years to whatever the current hotness is.

I guess I could say that, but my magazine only holds 10 rounds, so it was easier to just not come back.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

been saying that for at least a decade.  
Never made any rational sense to separate guns by trigger. Saw that 30 years ago in IDPA with SSP and ESP scores,, Also quite a few shooters with striker guns do quite well in Limited.
Production became DA or Striker A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want a long time ago. 

54 minutes ago, shred said:

The original concept is long gone, so why does the trigger mechanism matter?

To me, the point of divisions is to separate out similar equipment. If all the divisions are the same, to me it looses something. But I'm weird and would like to see a division for guns with less modifications.

If we're going to say the trigger doesn't matter we should probably do @rowdy's plan. Separate by sight and power factor only. Optic, Irons, major, minor. Done 4 divisions. Just need to nail down mag length and frame vs slide mount for optics. 

2 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Really though I wonder how many people continue to shoot Open and Limited under a rule set like that.

Great question, and I'm sure there would be unintended consequences. However, I don't see many discouraging factors to keep people from shooting limited and open. They would still get the benefit of major scoring. 

single actions AND striker guns are similar equipment. Zero competitive difference. In fact people should want 2011's in CO... that way the competition will go spend 4 k on a gun and the poly crowd can buy ammo and practice.

Far as divisions ? assuming ammo and primers still around and mag laws dont change. I saw the nail in the coffin of open with the CO 140mm rule change..
Stock gun that runs, stock mags that work, cheapest nothing special ammo on the market.
Open will go way of revolver...COuple old coots.

Major scoring changes the game and style considerably if you take advantage of it.  People chasing HOA and the highest possible HF will still shoot Open. 

What's killing Open and Limited right now are lack of off-the-shelf factory guns optimized for them.  There are a few options but not like there used to be.  Limited's numbers are buffed up by random noobs that show up match day with an iron sight pistol and 3 mags.

Near-mandatory ammo reloading and expensive primers and powder are also putting the hurt down.