Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New(ish) member from Fort Bragg

Zack15

Hello,

I’ve been a member for awhile but I don’t think I’ve ever introduced myself.  I’m active duty military at Fort Bragg, and I love shooting.  I recently decided to try my hand at 3 gun and have my first match in two weeks.  I love all shooting sports and love to learn more about them.   I’ve enjoyed reading all the context of this forum because there’s a lot of knowledge on here! 

6 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Welcome to the forum, Zack15!  Good luck to you in your first 3G, enjoy it.

Thank you for serving.

Thank you, sir.  I’m really looking forward to it, but learning to quad load is not an easy task.  It’s a charity event (competition) so it’ll just be fun to get out there and shoot for a good cause. 

5 hours ago, Zack15 said:

Thank you, sir.  I’m really looking forward to it, but learning to quad load is not an easy task.  It’s a charity event (competition) so it’ll just be fun to get out there and shoot for a good cause. 

Don't feel you have to quad load, loading dueces for me is only a little slower but way more reliable. I can load 2 while moving, I can't load quads while moving yet. It's all risk and reward and since it's your first match I wouldn't worry too much about it.

1 hour ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Don't feel you have to quad load, loading dueces for me is only a little slower but way more reliable. I can load 2 while moving, I can't load quads while moving yet. It's all risk and reward and since it's your first match I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That makes sense, and I appreciate the tip. I haven’t even tried to reload while moving yet, I’ve just been doing it all standing in my garage.  Thanks for the advice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 2:18 PM, Intheshaw1 said:

Thanks for the advice.  I’ve been really working on just loading 2 while moving and I’ve gotten a little better.  I’m still slow and nowhere near the speed I want to be, but it’s coming.