Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I like the Manual roll sizer (PICS)

I put the drill on it and ran over 1000 pieces of 40 brass in about 30 minutes. I’m very happy with this machine. Came with drill adapter, rubber hose, case feeder adapter. But $700 is still kinda pricey IMO. Definitely miles ahead of the bulge buster I was using.

87EAD78C-41B2-4AB8-ACB3-58B94BB85FC8.jpeg

3C7C2185-9153-4D6C-85F9-F84AA8206431.jpeg

I went with an electric drill that has a torque setting to reduce the risk to the rollsizer internals...99+ percent go through on setting 5 of 10 but occasionally a case from a loose chamber stops the drill...those I do with the hand crank...

18 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

I got mine about 6 months ago and really like it. The hose that came with it was flatened and despite heating etc was beyond repair.

So what was your solution? I want to get a long metal hose ( coil spring ) like what on my bullet feeder.

On 5/27/2020 at 8:16 PM, CZGeoege said:

I put the drill on it and ran over 1000 pieces of 40 brass in about 30 minutes. I’m very happy with this machine. Came with drill adapter, rubber hose, case feeder adapter. But $700 is still kinda pricey IMO. Definitely miles ahead of the bulge buster I was using.

87EAD78C-41B2-4AB8-ACB3-58B94BB85FC8.jpeg

3C7C2185-9153-4D6C-85F9-F84AA8206431.jpeg

So you have to sit and hold the drill while it runs? 

5 minutes ago, Bmans45 said:

Yes, but I do have a nice DC motor to install this coming weekend. Should be perfect.

4 minutes ago, Bmans45 said:

I would think you just set the drill on something to match the height and then turn it on and let it spin. Most drill are able to be locked on.

2 hours ago, CZGeoege said:

Yes, but I do have a nice DC motor to install this coming weekend. Should be perfect.

Would like to see it when you get done. Ree red ally curious about speed and gearing set up

Mine uses a bit driver and open socket head with a drill...haven't seen a drill used where you don't have to hold it...would be interesting...

On mine if you try to go too fast it will throw the case out of the machine...I use about 1/8 to 1/4 of trigger on the drill for a steady flow faster than my 1050 can feed it...

18 minutes ago, PhotoRecon said:

Mine uses a bit driver and open socket head with a drill...haven't seen a drill used where you don't have to hold it...would be interesting...

On mine if you try to go too fast it will throw the case out of the machine...I use about 1/8 to 1/4 of trigger on the drill for a steady flow faster than my 1050 can feed it...

I noticed that same thing

11 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

All the corded drills I have are able to stay on. I'll have to look how as I rarely use it but I used that feature a few years ago when I wire brushed some patio furniture.

• 1 year later...
On 5/27/2020 at 10:48 PM, PhotoRecon said:

I got mine about 6 months ago and really like it. The hose that came with it was flatened and despite heating etc was beyond repair.

I had the same issue, I used a quick ties on the flattened portions and kinks to hold it round. I now use spring instead of tube.

quick tie on tubing.jpg

14 hours ago, hitman_usmc said:

Where did you get the spring from?

Thanks to whoever posted the spring info originally. I can't find the original post, but attached is a copy of my invoice.

Casefeed spring pic.jpg

Casefeed Springs McMaster-Carr.jpg

Edited by CenTX

That’s awesome, thank you. Now I have to ask what type of connectors/couplings

you’re using. The parts that came with the rollsizer probably won’t connect straight to a spring. When I zoom it it gets blurry. Is that a section to rubber tube that holds the spring to the feeder?

34 minutes ago, hitman_usmc said:

That’s awesome, thank you. Now I have to ask what type of connectors/couplings

you’re using. The parts that came with the rollsizer probably won’t connect straight to a spring. When I zoom it it gets blurry. Is that a section to rubber tube that holds the spring to the feeder?

I'm curious also. Thanks.

874124661_casefeedtube.thumb.jpg.031dfee79d063fe706d09cc0e9dc032b.jpg

The aluminum adapter came with the Rollsizer/Decapper and snaps into the Dillon Casefeeder.

Then is a piece of tubing that came with the Rollsizer/Decapper, the tubing will accomplish all spring to metal coupling.

The spring fits nicely into the tubing, insert the spring in tubing, pushing slightly while you lightly twist the spring one direction or the other and you can insert it. Reverse the process to separate the pieces. It is a friction fit. It was easy after I did it a couple of times.

I hope I made sense on that. I had surgery a couple of days ago and still on pain drugs.

23 hours ago, CenTX said:

874124661_casefeedtube.thumb.jpg.031dfee79d063fe706d09cc0e9dc032b.jpg

The aluminum adapter came with the Rollsizer/Decapper and snaps into the Dillon Casefeeder.

Then is a piece of tubing that came with the Rollsizer/Decapper, the tubing will accomplish all spring to metal coupling.

The spring fits nicely into the tubing, insert the spring in tubing, pushing slightly while you lightly twist the spring one direction or the other and you can insert it. Reverse the process to separate the pieces. It is a friction fit. It was easy after I did it a couple of times.

I hope I made sense on that. I had surgery a couple of days ago and still on pain drugs.

Perfect!  Thanks sir!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...