Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI officially no-more

2011BLDR

On 6/28/2020 at 3:38 PM, Indy574 said:

So with this name rebranding and restructuring would you purchase a Staccato P or are there better fish in the sea for the same or less money?

On 6/29/2020 at 2:55 PM, Bayou said:

I'm currious of this as I'm ready to purchase. I have watched vids of nighthawks and man they are nice but too much. Tri arc is also past the limit but those nighthawks are something to want. 

For the money, on paper, the Staccato P looks hard to beat. The only other close competitor in the price range is the yet to be released Dan Wesson DWX. For a double stack 2011 in the $2K price range, there are not a whole lot of other options, and even less if you want something with decent quality. 

As for NightHawk, I own/love their single stack .45 1911 design. Not so sure about their 2011 doublestack 9mm pistols like the TRS. This design is a new adventure for them, and for $4500, I want to be sure it is rock solid and problem free. I'm also not too keen on the looks of the NightHawk 2011 looks either. Very plain and industrial looking. Almost like a prototype pistol that is unfinished. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bayou said:

I know it's way early but does anyone think there will be any updates to the Staccato line in 2021?

Yes. 

When you're selling Fashion, you need new styles every year.

Will those be at all useful for competition?  No idea.

9 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Maybe we should stop thinking of their products as semi-custom and rather just merely assembled.

:D STI’s are kind of like Harleys, once you buy one you start making it yours. 

On 7/9/2020 at 3:47 PM, old558 said:

I bought a Staccato P DUO and so far I am very happy with it. Not much else in it's price range that compares. I have other STI guns and never any problems.

What kind of custom 2011’s do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I’ve got several DVCs to play with.  The 2020 line just seems like everything is just built cheaper (especially the grips).  Hopefully in the future they’ll return to making at least some higher quality and better refined pistols.

I'm looking forward as I want to buy one but at this point in the year, I'm wanting to see what they change for next year. I'm stuck between a P and a XL and I know the differences but not diggin the 4.4 length. I know what they said about testing/length and what not. The XL is geared towards limited but if they made it as a duo, I would have bought one by now.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, Bayou said:

I'm looking forward as I want to buy one but at this point in the year, I'm wanting to see what they change for next year. I'm stuck between a P and a XL and I know the differences but not diggin the 4.4 length. I know what they said about testing/length and what not. The XL is geared towards limited but if they made it as a duo, I would have bought one by now.

Have you checked out the XC Duo?

On 7/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, Bayou said:

Why not spend a little extra and have a 5in slide ride custom gun built vs the price of a XL and a warranty-voiding slide cut?

In my mind only, the XC is too much $$$ and I'm not looking for a comp version. I don't think it will be a big seller for them but what do I know. I'm not interested in the custom route at this time due to my money constraints or willingness to spend. When the new models get leaked or released it will show what has sold well and not sold well with changes. I understand that they are are attempting to go after a larger LE segment but I can't see that happening or working out to well. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a DVC for a while and absolutely loved it. Fabulous fit and finish and super trigger. Keep in mind I life in MA which is the land of 14lb triggers with 6 yards of take up. Unfortunately I could not see the target and sights as my eyes are old. I sold it as I could not get the slide milled for a dot. Made full price + on the sale. Got an Open with a dot and never looked back. 

Having gone through many rebranding with places I worked over the years it's all about the bottom line! If anyone say differently their lying....IMO. However, I had an opportunity to shoot a Staccato P and the other day I bought one. It's one the way to my FFL as I write this. 

Staccato are appealing to the tacticool shooters. More than the once a monthers but much less than the comp shooters. It will work as is evident in sales. I agree it's sad that the comp folks are not #1 but it's a lot easier guarantee an occasional shooter gun than a comp shooter.....IMO

I just pulled the trigger on a Staccato P.  Looks like potentially a lot of gun for 1999.

However if everything comes off the same line I can't see value in their more expensive offerings.  If the XL didn't have those vents I'd be interested, but not at double the price of a P.

• 6 months later...

I just tried googling STI. I had read this last year and thought all STI was carrying were the staccato line. I didn't realize that STI was gone. WOW! Guns do look pretty cool. But hang a little comp off the front and WOW describes the price too. I am assuming these all have plastic grips? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, Chillywig said:

I just tried googling STI. I had read this last year and thought all STI was carrying were the staccato line. I didn't realize that STI was gone. WOW! Guns do look pretty cool. But hang a little comp off the front and WOW describes the price too. I am assuming these all have plastic grips? 

Yeah all plastic grips.