Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3K issue

Andrew863

55 minutes ago, GunCat said:

Is the magazine tube bushing in place on your gun? It is the first part to go onto the magazine tube when reassembling the recoil spring, bolt, etc - fits between the spring and receiver. I've seen a gun or 2 without the bushing (probably lost in disassemble) and the bolt bounce issue was increased.

mtb3000.jpg

Yes sir, it is there. 

So if that bushing isn't in place you have less spring compression? Kind of like running a reduced or lightened recoil spring? And there is more bolt bounce? That's just crazy talk, where's that salt water? On an aside, I'm not sure adding weight to the carrier will help with bolt bounce, and more than likely the opposite. The 3" shell allowed more deceleration of the bolt group as it was closing due to drag, not because of weight. What the weight will do is allow the carrier to remain in place during recoil longer which in turn compresses the inertia spring more. More weight equals less power needed to cycle so in theory you can use lighter shells either in weight of shot, or less velocity.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, kurtm said:

So good news boys. This thing ran like a champ today. Since I put a new inertia spring in, I did a little break in with three boxes of high brass. Not sure if I needed to, but I did. Then went to Federal bull pack 3dram eq with 1 1/8oz shot. They ran perfect. I ran 300 of those. Then I also shot 3 boxes of 2 3/4 dram eq with 1oz of shot. Those ran perfectly as well. Usually my issue would happen after 2 boxes, but it didnt happen today. It made me love this gun all over again. We practiced some trick shots doing 3 hand tossed Clay's and hip shooting Clay's out of a thrower. I thought if it going to mess up it will be now when it's not planted well on my shoulder. No issues. Then at the very end I did 2 mag dumps of 14 rounds as fast as I could go. This gun has never been able to keep up with my finger. It ran perfect , its super dirty after over 400rds and still perfect. The only thing I dont like is that I'm still not sure what part or parts caused the issue. I may try just the new bolt head next time I shoot and see if I can out run the trigger again.