Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPRINGFIELD XD-M OSP Optics and Holster choices

Hey guys, I just found a decent memorial day sale deal on a SPRINGFIELD XD-M OSP at a certain retailer from South Carolina, (not sure how close to advertising I should get here in a technical forum) and when it arrives, I am going to want a dot to put on it and a find holster to stick it in.  

5165450424.jpg

I know the MRD discussion has been done to death in a general sense, but what I am specifically asking is that since the sights that come on this gun are SO Monstrously huge looking in the picture, its really hard for me to judge what sights are going to hit the trifecta of being mountable with the plates that come with the gun, be size-appropriate for this gun, AND durable/reliable enough to survive USPSA CO.  By size appropriate, I mean not so small that a significant part of the window is obscured by the sights, but also not feel like a full size eotech on my slide.  

After I decide what dot, I will then need to see about a holster that fits this combo, since none of the XDm holsters I currently own will accommodate either the front sight or the dot.

Edited by barrysuperhawk
clarity

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at concealment express holsters. They have a great variety, are economically priced, and are great holsters. I have one for my canik TP9sfx, springfield XD-M, and Ruger SR9. They are all OWB.

Edited by verla
clarification

• 1 month later...