Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Robertwil18

2011 Alex Thumb rest with DAA Alpha X holster

Installed a Alex thumb rest on my Honcho, and had to push the holster body an hanger further away due to interference when holstering.  The Alex thumb rest was getting caught up on the DAA hanger.  Any remedies to this aside from dremeling material off the hanger body, or keeping the pistol further from my body?  Thanks.

Same issue on with it on the Czechmate. I dremeled the thumb rest, but it still wasnt perfect.

I have the same issue with the gaspedal on my 2011 with the Everglades, Alpha X and Guga Ribas holsters. I angle the holster away from my body, which helps.

1 hour ago, selecw said:

Same issue on with it on the Czechmate. I dremeled the thumb rest, but it still wasnt perfect.

I have the same issue with the gaspedal on my 2011 with the Everglades, Alpha X and Guga Ribas holsters. I angle the holster away from my body, which helps.

Sounds like it's likely a common issue and angling the holster getting used to a new draw may be the answer.  

59 minutes ago, Robertwil18 said:

Sounds like it's likely a common issue and angling the holster getting used to a new draw may be the answer.  

Yes, that is my take. And maybe get a small thumb rest as well.

22 hours ago, selecw said:

On the GG gpedal, I had the mounting pad area milled down to half its thickness. That works for me, plus it moves my thumb closer to the gun. Using a Guga Ribas holster. If I need any more clearance, I would cut down the pad.