Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Rcoe

I have already learned

My first competition is tomorrow. I went to the range today. My holstering and reloads are good. I'm shooting ok at speed. But the most important thing I learned is that it a terrible idea to mess with a working gun the night before your first shoot. After launching the new return spring, and the old return spring, across the shop, I'm smarter now. On a positive note, my shop is spotless, and I will be shooting tomorrow.

I learned that lesson about 25 years ago.   :(

Cleaned and reassembled my 1911 (that's all we shot 25 years ago)

and left out a piece   :( 

Drove two hours to the shoot, fired one shot, and drove two hours home.

NOW, if I reassemble my firearm, I fire it to make sure it's all there

(apparently, I'm NOT).   

9 hours ago, Rcoe said:

My first competition is tomorrow. I went to the range today. My holstering and reloads are good. I'm shooting ok at speed. But the most important thing I learned is that it a terrible idea to mess with a working gun the night before your first shoot. After launching the new return spring, and the old return spring, across the shop, I'm smarter now. On a positive note, my shop is spotless, and I will be shooting tomorrow.

Your next lesson is to remove a 1911 firing pin under low hanging, unprotected, fluorescent lights. Please post when you have completed the lesson. LOL!

Lesson 2 learned. Make sure your gun likes the ammo you plan to feed it. My Beretta could eat blazer all day. My CZ regurgitate it all match. It ran S&B perfect, but I ran it all during break in. I spent 8 stages learning how to clear failures. Its probably good my first match didn't go smoothly.

Edited by Rcoe