Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Colorado Open for Business?

We are planning a trip to the Denver Area in about three weeks(June 15th). We planned to actually do some home improvement projects for my daughter but Lowe's and Home Depot are both literally out of stock of all lumber. Is there some problem with supply out there that I don't understand? Here around Cincy OH Lowe's is stocked just like normal. I have been to lowe's several times a week with ongoing projects for the last few months and it's been business as usual.

What gives with CO? We may have to rethink heading out there if there will be nothing open.

21 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I learned that last trip out there!

Found that out too, on the highway!  We’ve never seen so much bad driving in such a short period of time.

Hoping the state is open for September, planning on visiting.  Match and sightseeing, made a lot of friends there last year.

• 1 month later...

Spent almost three weeks near Denver. Loved the weather. I forgot how nice 15% humidity feels! I think it was near 90 every day but the low humidity made it just fine to be outside. 

NOTE: If you are planning to go up Pike's Peak wait a few more years. They are rebuilding the entire facility at the summit. Nothing but construction everywhere. Had to take shuttle to the top. Long waits. No views, no parking, etc etc. All while charging full price no less. Schedule says complete summer 2021 but the construction crew said give it until 2022 to be fully cleaned up and free of construction