Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odin 9mm 16" Super Lite Barrel

3 hours ago, philmadxx said:

Not when you compare it to the JP Ultralight!  😉

I just looked up JP's 5.25" shrouded 9mm barrel...    look here... 

JPSM9-5.5UL10 6508.jpg 9mm Ultralight Shrouded Barrel
5.5" length (16" OAL)
1:10 twist
$399.00
1 hour ago, philmadxx said:

Just to be fair, the JP has a removable sleeve to allow for cleaning the crown of the 5.5" barrel, I don't think any of the others have that.  They do get pretty cruddy pretty fast.  

never had the need to clean the crown on mine, and if I did have to......cotton ball on the end of a wooden dowel does the trick with ease.

2 hours ago, TRUBL said:

never had the need to clean the crown on mine, and if I did have to......cotton ball on the end of a wooden dowel does the trick with ease.

The carbon build-up I get on my comp cannot be removed with a cotton ball, most use a dremel with a grinding burr to clean it - I soak it in boretech carbon cleaner and scrape like heck.  I can definitely see the reason for the access to this area.  

13 hours ago, philmadxx said:

The carbon build-up I get on my comp cannot be removed with a cotton ball, most use a dremel with a grinding burr to clean it - I soak it in boretech carbon cleaner and scrape like heck.  I can definitely see the reason for the access to this area.  

SO what is it........your comp or your crown......don't compare apples to oranges......you mentioned crown, NOW you say comp? You do know there is a difference, right?

Wow TRUBL- try decaf. 

On my JP, the comp gets a lot of carbon buildup and it is hard to get off.  The crown gets some accumulated as well buy not nearly as much - however, it is still really hard to get off - the access would make this much easier.   I was referring to the toughness of the material that was building up, not the part it was building up on.  

My real point was that the JP ultralight shrouded barrel is much more expensive than most other barrels of similar configuration and was just pointing out that the access sleeve was one of the reasons for the higher price.  

I ran one at a match yesterday. I had nothing but ftf. With no feedramp it wouldn't feed round nose.  I guess I'm going to take a Drexel and make my own ramp.  I know its wasn't a mag problem because after 3 stages of messing with it I switched rifles and used the same mag and it was all good.

20200524_124609.jpg

19 hours ago, usmc1094 said:

I ran one at a match yesterday. I had nothing but ftf. With no feedramp it wouldn't feed round nose.  I guess I'm going to take a Drexel and make my own ramp.  I know its wasn't a mag problem because after 3 stages of messing with it I switched rifles and used the same mag and it was all good.

20200524_124609.jpg

wait for our feed ramp, don't f#ck up your barrel

On 5/23/2020 at 8:27 AM, philmadxx said:

Wow TRUBL- try decaf. 

On my JP, the comp gets a lot of carbon buildup and it is hard to get off.  The crown gets some accumulated as well buy not nearly as much - however, it is still really hard to get off - the access would make this much easier.   I was referring to the toughness of the material that was building up, not the part it was building up on.  

My real point was that the JP ultralight shrouded barrel is much more expensive than most other barrels of similar configuration and was just pointing out that the access sleeve was one of the reasons for the higher price.  

it's ok......you don't really know is what your saying.....cool

I shoot a Taccom 5.25" barrel with the pinned shroud... in over 7500 rounds .. carbon build up is a - MUTE POINT.. i do clean all my guns after each shooting.. takes all of 5 minutes.. 

16 hours ago, Revolution said:

I took one of these out yesterday after building a new upper with it and it ran flawlessly.  Ran about 200 rounds through of different loads and at slow and rapid fire and no FTF at all.  I'm looking forward to using it in a match...whenever that is.

Gosh... i shot a USPSA match sunday & a match yesterday... thought we were late in re-opening..  there is another USPSA match this sunday in our area..🙃

59 minutes ago, cecil said:

Gosh... i shot a USPSA match sunday & a match yesterday... thought we were late in re-opening..  there is another USPSA match this sunday in our area..🙃

Unfortunately I am in the communist state of NJ.  Outdoor ranges are open, no matches yet..

Doesn't Oden sell the Zulu stock?  So there barrel doesn't work with their stock?  I never heard the stock causes FTF - I have two Zulus with other barrels work great - love the stock.  If you know of issues with the stock causing FTF - please share?  Thanks