Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
RangerTrace

What's the best PRS forum

I agree that SH is ok and I check-out the new threads often just generally only read a few.  

Some of the best information is from local shooting FB groups.  Here in VA there are 2, Mason Dixon and VPRC.  When questions are posted there, the responses are usually informative and knowledgable, plus if you shoot with the groups, the quality of the shooter is known.  

I like the PRN YouTube videos.  

But at the end of the day it is best to have a few local good shooters to be able kick around the ideas, or who will let you shoot their equipment.  Like Hoser/Tom Freeman letting me shoot his fancy AI 300WM at a Raton match.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 7:20 PM, RangerTrace said:

I just purchased my first PRS style rifle and would like to enjoy a forum dedicated to that sort of shooting.  What's your favorite?

Thanks,

Trace

Wow! You posted on this forum to ask what the best forum is to post on???????????????????????????

Isn't that kind of like going into a Chevy dealer and asking them if the new F150's aren't the best truck on the road????????????

Not to mention I'm sure Brian Enos REALLY appreciates that question.

HINT.........................

Don't listen to dopes that are agenda driven or have an axe to grind with whomever they are grinding on at the moment.

Go on whatever forum you want to, read what you want to and take from it what you want to.

Info about rifles, scopes, ammo, reloading doesn't know who you are, it's just info.

2 hours ago, SJMPCC022 said:

Wow! You posted on this forum to ask what the best forum is to post on???????????????????????????

Isn't that kind of like going into a Chevy dealer and asking them if the new F150's aren't the best truck on the road????????????

Not to mention I'm sure Brian Enos REALLY appreciates that question.

HINT.........................

Don't listen to dopes that are agenda driven or have an axe to grind with whomever they are grinding on at the moment.

Go on whatever forum you want to, read what you want to and take from it what you want to.

Info about rifles, scopes, ammo, reloading doesn't know who you are, it's just info.

This forum is almost exclusively geared toward USPSA and Dillon presses. There are much better forums for any number of other shooting disciplines. 

20 hours ago, Sarge said:

This forum is almost exclusively geared toward USPSA and Dillon presses. There are much better forums for any number of other shooting disciplines. 

That's fine, but this topic is precision rifle.  The USPSA match I shot last Sunday didn't have a precision rifle division.

I would assume it's here because of interest in precision rifle , and I would bet money it wasn't put here to  be a dog or a POS thread on an otherwise quality and informative forum.

At least I bet Mr. Enos didn't intend for it to be second rate. A forum is as good as the people that participate, I think that fore the most part the people her are well informed and helpful.

What takes away from it is dogging another forum because you( I'm not talking about you personally) have a hard on for another forum owner or mods or whatever. Or, very often you were booted off of said forum.

I am on here as well as Snipers Hide and I can say there is a wealth of good info there as well. Carping and bitching makes a person, or the forum they represent look small.

Snipers Hide, and Accurate Shooter are the 2 largest sites.  As other have said, lots of info you can wade through.  After awhile, you can tell who is the keyboard commando, and who has actually shot something at a match.

Late to the party, but as previously stated SH, Accurate Shooter,  Precision Rifle Blog and Long Range Hunting are the places I usually wind up.  PRS usually evolves or devolves (depending on how you view it) into a reloading game as much as a shooting endeavor in order to maximize performance and save money(lol).  It's easy to put on a tin foil hat and go down that rabbit hole.  

A local DFW resource is http://www.precisionriflehunters.com/run by a fireman who is a great guy, very solid competitor and excellent instructor. 

http://panhandleprecision.com/ is another blog that has detailed info with youtube videos on PRS reloading and informative articles on topics seldom written about-angles, trajectory changes etc.

Edited by Mike H